Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already got a thread but I couldn't find one ...
just taken delivery today and been looking at service plans.
Has anyone managed to sort one out yet at reasonable cost. The Peugeot website clearly states a 3yr plan is available at £12.99 / month yet every dealer I have contacted says not available with them and they have their own in house one at around £21 / month surprise surprise !!
Peugeot customer service insist they are available I'm at a loss right now. Suggestion please

·
Registered
135 Posts
I purchased a 5yr plan from my dealer at a cost of 13.40 a month or something like that...the 3yr was about 12.99 or there abouts...this is for 10k miles per year and once a year service

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took out the 3yr plan (35,000miles) via my local dealer. At first I was told by them that they could only sell me their plan which they would arrange a quote. If I wanted the plan as detailed on Peugeot web site I should contact Peugeot direct. This I did and was advised that anything quoted on the site has to be supplied by the dealer network. On my return to the dealership in question and told them about my conversation with Peugeot UK and insisted on a written quote based on the web site. After 3 attempts the salesman finally got to the right figure and said that he was not sure how the Peugeot system worked as their customers always went for their own plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/service-plan-costs-272937/index2.html

Take a look at the above link about service plans. I got mine for free as part of my 3008 negotiation.

The Peugeot official Optiway plan allows you to have your car serviced at any UK Peugeot dealer. It's good value, offers the flexibility of any dealer and includes the official service items.

I don't know if dealerships are either lacking information or intentionally discouraging owners from taking the Peugeot official plan, the prices of which are stated in the 3008 price guide. The EMac plans are dealer specific plans, which I didn't want.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello,

What do you mean "service plans"? Here in Greece we get the car with 5yr warranty, what else does your service plans cover?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hello,

What do you mean "service plans"? Here in Greece we get the car with 5yr warranty, what else does your service plans cover?
In the UK we get a 3 year warranty, but that doesn't include the annual service of the car (oil change, oil filter, brake fluid etc). To ensure you maintain the official 3 year warranty, you have to have the car serviced annually.

The official Peugeot Optiway service plans give customers the choice of paying monthly or in one go, to cover these annual services for 3 years or more. They also represent quite a saving over paying a Peugeot dealer every year. One less thing to worry about. They don't include consumable items like tyres, wipers etc.

I was fortunate in getting my Peugeot Optiway service plan, which allows you to go to any UK Peugeot dealer and is effectively 3 services, included as part of the deal when I bought my car.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
This looks a new option on the Peugeot UK website:

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/servicing/peugeot-service-plans/

Perhaps this may clear up the dealer confusion about buying an official Peugeot service plan.
Just checked out that Peugeot website and a 2 year service plan for my car would cost me £651. According to the service schedule listed on the site, year one consists of an oil and filter change, year two is oil and filter plus pollen filter. The rest of the service appears to be just checks and inspections. Year two doesn't even include a brake fluid change, that's listed as an "add-on" at a further £59. Given that the cost of the oil and filters used over the 2 years would come in at around £150, and even less of course to the trade, where does the other £500 go? Just for a Peugeot stamp in the service book and to keep the warranty going? Rip-off or what!

Reactions: Old Salt and Jill

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wonder if someone with a new registration plate (ie. under a year old) puts their car details in, whether it offers them the Optiway Peugeot Service Plan, which is the official UK Peugeot dealer plan. That is the one I have, which was thrown in as part of the deal for my new car. It has to be taken out before the car is one year old.

If paid monthly, it was £12.99 per month (roughly) for a 3 year service plan (so £467 for 3 services), based on the printed details at the bottom of the Peugeot 3008 price guides.

With this service plan, you can take your car to any Peugeot dealer, which I find very helpful.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have just done as you asked Bluehdi. My 3008 Allure is 1 year old on 6th December. My quote came to the same as mooi1uk - £651 for 3 years servicing. £193.50 deposit and 15 x payments of £30.50.
The service plan partner is stated as EMaC. The word Optiway is not mentioned on the page.

David

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Thanks a lot for checking. That certainly isn’t the pricing that Peugeot quote on their price guides.

As has been posted before, there is a general reluctance to direct customers to this official lower priced service plan. Perhaps because my car was bought from Robins and Day, that is why it’s the official Peugeot one. I can take my car to any UK Peugeot dealer, whereas I believe the EMac ones are dealer specific (and more expensive).

I notice at the bottom of the current October 2018 price guide for our cars, and has been the case for ages, it still shows £12.99 a month over 36 months for the 10000 mile plan. That’s what I have.

If I was looking to buy currently, I’d definitely be showing the price guide to the dealer and asking for that plan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just checked out that Peugeot website and a 2 year service plan for my car would cost me £651. According to the service schedule listed on the site, year one consists of an oil and filter change, year two is oil and filter plus pollen filter. The rest of the service appears to be just checks and inspections. Year two doesn't even include a brake fluid change, that's listed as an "add-on" at a further £59. Given that the cost of the oil and filters used over the 2 years would come in at around £150, and even less of course to the trade, where does the other £500 go? Just for a Peugeot stamp in the service book and to keep the warranty going? Rip-off or what!

I recently purchased my used 3008 2017 plate from a Peugeot Bristol Street dealer. When we talked about servicing and service plans etc., I asked if my warranty would still be valid if I took the car to a non-Peugeot garage to be serviced. His answer was "As long as hey use genuine Peugeot parts then it won't be a problem."

I know most of us want the peace of mind of a main Peugeot dealer servicing our pride and joy and the stamp on the service log book, but it's an alternative option. But do check this with your dealer in case I was fed incorrect info.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I recently purchased my used 3008 2017 plate from a Peugeot Bristol Street dealer. When we talked about servicing and service plans etc., I asked if my warranty would still be valid if I took the car to a non-Peugeot garage to be serviced. His answer was "As long as hey use genuine Peugeot parts then it won't be a problem."

I know most of us want the peace of mind of a main Peugeot dealer servicing our pride and joy and the stamp on the service log book, but it's an alternative option. But do check this with your dealer in case I was fed incorrect info.
If they had said otherwise they'd be breaking the law (Block Exemption Regulations). In a nutshell they can't stipulate that you use a Peugeot garage to maintain the guarantee (but as was stated you do need to use genuine Peugeot parts).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just booked my 3008 GT Line 1.2 in for 1st service as it's one year old now (it was my local dealership's Sales Manager's car that was 3 months old when I bought it). I didn't take out the service plan mentioned above - not sure if it was offered when I bought the car, but I suspect it was as they tried to sell me EVERYTHING else.

Been quoted £199 for the first service (Warwickshire). Seems expensive for what few bits they'll do, but I assume the Peugeot stamp in the service book carries a premium. I used to own a Mercedes and had it serviced by an independent chap (who was Mercedes trained) & came well recommended on their national forums. Do these guys exist for Peugeot cars? Would warranty be affected using an independent garage? Or is it a genuine parts issue?

Appreciate the help. Got to look after my pennies now I'm a pensioner lol!

·
4,024 Posts
Just booked my 3008 GT Line 1.2 in for 1st service as it's one year old now (it was my local dealership's Sales Manager's car that was 3 months old when I bought it). I didn't take out the service plan mentioned above - not sure if it was offered when I bought the car, but I suspect it was as they tried to sell me EVERYTHING else.

Been quoted £199 for the first service (Warwickshire). Seems expensive for what few bits they'll do, but I assume the Peugeot stamp in the service book carries a premium. I used to own a Mercedes and had it serviced by an independent chap (who was Mercedes trained) & came well recommended on their national forums. Do these guys exist for Peugeot cars? Would warranty be affected using an independent garage? Or is it a genuine parts issue?

Appreciate the help. Got to look after my pennies now I'm a pensioner lol!
Hi..If you read the whole tread your questions are answered ..:thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
On the subject of servicing, I’ve just had an unfortunate event with my 2017 GT Line. I purchased Sept 18 from main dealer with 8k on the clock. Recently it developed an oil leak which I was slow to notice. It eventually leaked a whole load onto my driveway and the oil light came on. I called Peugeot as its under warranty and booked it in for next week but I couldn’t wait and took it to a local friendly garage for an ‘inspection’. It turns out the oil filter came very loose and I was loosing loads of oil, the mechanic just tightened it up for me and topped up the oil. I’ve explained it all to Peugeot Bristol Steet...let’s see what they have to say. They’ve told me they’ll charge me £99 just for an inspection (if it’s not covered by warranty). Also my driveway is a horrible oily mess as is the underside of my car. Not happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts