Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken out a 3 year service plan? I've just been quoted amost a grand for 3 services on my 2.0 BlueHDI 150 which is pretty much double what I paid for a 3 year plan on my Hyundai. Seems horrendously expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That seems crazy! I am just letting my Jag XFS go and will take ownership of the 3008GT next week... My Jag services were around 330 each time at a main dealer, so can't see the Peugeot costing more! (well hopefully).

I had in my head services would be no more than around £200 each maximum...Not sure where I plucked that figure from though :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Has anyone taken out a 3 year service plan? I've just been quoted amost a grand for 3 services on my 2.0 BlueHDI 150 which is pretty much double what I paid for a 3 year plan on my Hyundai. Seems horrendously expensive.
I have for a GT-Line 1.2T, which is included in Peugeots 'Just Add Fuel' offering, it comes to £14.30 a month but that also INCLUDES Road Assistance. If you use the Peugeot configurator and at the end click on 'Finance T&Cs' and then 'Just Add Fuel' tab you should be able to get an idea of how much it should cost.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
The cost will partly depend on how many expected miles the car will do over the 3 year period. Some will also cover brake pads and the first MOT at 3 years old.

I would ask for a detailed print out on how the dealer arrived at the total figuer you mention. I think they have a legal requirement to produce it if you ask.

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It took me ages to get an accurate service plan quote from my dealer, and the one you have received is almost identical to the first one they came up with for my 3008. It turned out that that the original price of over £1000 included changing everything from oil, to spark plugs TWICE, air filters, brake fluid, climate control filters, air freshner cartridge, 1st MOT etc. In other words a lot of stuff that really doesn't need to be done. In the end I got the correct price for bog standard 3 years of servicing - £336. All I pay for on top of that is a brake fluid change at year 2, if they consider it necesary. My 3008 is the 1.2 auto, but it certainly shouldn't be that much more for yours. I believe the last page of the 3008 brochure gives a rough guide to service plan costs, and they are nothing like the price you have been quoted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tried getting one on handover day and it was offered through EMAC but their system only had the old 3008 so couldnt quote us.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
No, I'm sure Peugeot would prefer all customers to buy their own product, and although it costs about 30% more than my dealer's own plan, at least you know it is being done to Peugeot requirements, and not some bargain basement type of service package the dealer has cobbled together.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Can I ask why you guys aren't looking away from main dealers for your servicing? Did you know that your warranty isn't affected by using any garage servicing your car as long as they use OEM parts?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I find it quite amazing that Peugeot UK dealers are still not quoting the right information and there still appears to be confusion. The same is true of Citroen UK dealers, as there were exactly the same issues coming up when I bought my new C4 Grand Picasso 150 BlueHDi EAT6.

On the bottom of the latest Peugeot price guides/brochures, it states the costs of the official Peugeot UK service package, which can be bought at the time of purchase of your new car. I think if you buy it later in the first year, there may be a different process. You can choose the term.

I negotiated for free, the inclusion of the 3 year Peugeot UK service plan (known as Optiway I believe) for my GT 180. This is for the annual/10000 miles a year service, offering me three services over the three year period, covering all of the Peugeot UK standard service items. The total cost of this is £449 which is very good value. I wanted this service plan, as the supplying dealer isn?t local to me and it means I can take my 3008 to any UK Peugeot dealer for its service. You are asked to sign a yellow contract at handover time. My contract was paid up in full (not at my cost!), but you can choose to pay monthly. The scheme as I know well, is administered by Peugeot UK Customer Services (not brilliant, but that?s how it works).

There was an EMAC option available, but these are dealer specific service packages and are a different arrangement.

I had exactly the same official Citroen service plan for my C4 Grand Picasso, which again was negotiated for free (maximum cost again was £449 and that was back in 2014!). When I traded my car in, the plan stayed with the car. I could have applied for a refund if I had wanted.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I went for a 3 year service plan for mine, which also includes first MoT, at a cost of £379. I thought this quite reasonable.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Can I ask why you guys aren't looking away from main dealers for your servicing? Did you know that your warranty isn't affected by using any garage servicing your car as long as they use OEM parts?
My colleague had a Peugeot at the same time I had one. He had his Pug serviced at a back street garage using OEM parts to maintain his warranty.
His Peugeot started to play up, missing and generally running like a pig. Took it to the pug dealer and asked them to have a look. Pug dealer looks on his system and says, "You haven't had your car serviced here!" Leave it with us and we'll look at it when we can. This was a Thursday. They looked at it Monday.
On the same day, just after my colleague went in I had a car with a suspected DMF fail. As I'm known there because I have my cars serviced with them, the service manager said "we'll get it in and have a look right away. Sure enough, the DMF had gone to shit and they replaced it for me same day.
My colleague lost 5 days of takings (inc a weekend) because he decided to save a few quid on his servicing cost.

That's why I use a main dealer and not a back street.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you want the dealer to do your updates for you then it's best to keep servicing with them. I did think of going to an independent garage, but their charges were about £150 more over three years than Peugeot, so no point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was always an advocate of the local garage for servicing and quite anti main dealer.

However, as my last two cars have been more advanced, BMW and Jag, I decided to only use the main dealer as the difference in cost was actually not too different and they would price match parts / MOT costs. I also knew for sure that the main dealer would also have all the correct / latest updates for the software. They would also give me a courtesy car for the day and my cars would come back looking like new. Not sure whether Peugeot will go that far, I shall see in time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I took the 5yr 10k miles per year which means one service a year rather than mileage based and it's 13.42 a month....equals 160 quid per year which is pretty good value as far as I'm concerned.

I think the 3yr was about 12 quid per month...

Cheers

Martin

·
Registered
29 Posts
service costs

Found service costs on Peugeot uk site £12.99 per month for 3 years all cars
about £467 but on the site it asks you to find nearest dealer
the dealer I got car from quoted just over £22 per month for 1.2 Gt Line

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It's hard to know whether these dealers are just trying it on, or whether they are just as useless when it comes to sorting out service plans, as they are with a lot of other things. I mean, prices are printed at the back of the 3008 brochure, although they are for just a basic oil and filter change, with fluid level checks and top ups, and a quick inspection of the vehicle. Add in replacement air con filters, brake fluid, spark plugs, and an MOT at year 3, and you porbably will get close to £22 a month. However, they should be quoting you for the bog standard service, and let you decide whether you want to add any extras, some of which are going to be totally unwarranted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts