Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a 307HDi and im amazed at the serive intervals. My old 306 seemed to want a service at every lampost.

It's running on fully synthetic oil and to leave it for 18,000 miles or two years as i have been told seems to be tempting fate.

G

·
Which HDi is it? The 2 litre 90 and 110 are 10k miles/1 year, and only the 16v 136 HDi uses the 20k mile/2 year interval. The 1.6 HDi is 12,500 miles/1 year. I'm not sure what interval the 1.4 is but guess it'll be the same as the 1.6.

Provided decent oil and quality filters are used, the recommended service intervals are perfectly adequate on the normal duty cycle, and nothing whatsoever is gained from dropping the oil more frequently.

G

·
Forgive me - I was looking in the wrong column in the ICME for the 136. The interval on the 136 is only 20k on the 407. For some reason this engine on the 307 has a 12k mile/1 year interval.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah thats a bit different.
I have the 2.0lt 90, even so it is better than the 6000 mile interval on the 306

thanks for that chopper1192.................do you have a chopper by chance

G

·
Ah, the 90 is a cracking engine - tough and simple (like me!) And economical (unlike me). I've had 406s with essentially the same motor and 10k miles/1 year is ample for keeping them tip top.

BTW, I got the name due to trick I use to impress the laydees ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.