Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought this car it was 15 months old and had done just over 13k miles, and the service book was empty. At the time I assumed the normal service interval was 12.5k miles so I asked the supplying dealer (not Peugeot) to do the service, which they happily did, recorded it in the book and didn't charge me for it.
It is now 1 year on and I have done about 10k miles on it, but the service countdown is now telling me I have 850 miles to the next service.

Now the service interval for this car, according to My Peugeot, is 16k miles, so assuming the counter was reset (which it must have been) why am I getting this reading. Yes it is coming up to one year since the last service, but surely the system can't estimate the number of miles I might do in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
....Yes it is coming up to one year since the last service, but surely the system can't estimate the number of miles I might do in the next couple of weeks.
Why not? Most probably can .... I mean, how hard could be to implement something so fundamental like that?
Furthermore, dealer said to me that car pay attention, among other, on average speed and number of engine starts.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've noticed that the count down seems to accelerate if I leave the car alone for a few weeks (Like at airport car park or at dealer car park whilst waiting for parts/work/service). It will be some form of calculation based on driving information.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I always understood the service intervals can be set within planet.
My old GT was serviced every 12.5k (arduous) miles and it always told me at that interval. Originally it had a 20k setting or 1 year.

Grumpy

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes there has always been a choice of two service intervals.

I might change the date on the display, see if that alters the service countdown. If I change it back to Nov. 17, it won't be expecting the service.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The service interval is x miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. That's why the countdown is faster or slower at times - because system adjusts "miles to the service" with date that it knows is 1 year from the last service, and adjusts miles (because it can't adjust the date).

I was figuring it out for years, and finally talked with one mechanic once, and it all became clear. He said that if you did a service now, and left the car for 1 year without turning it on, and then you turned it on, it would do the same - start waning about imminent service, few more miles, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same prblem with mine. Went from 150 miles to zero in two weeks but only used it once for a three mile round trip to do the weekly shop. Flashed "SERVICE" on the display and not had the vehicle 12 months (end of April) yet...3,795 miles...... ignored since February. Had it service this last week.
Tis 10k or 1 year whichever comes sooner on the 308 sw 1.6 Active Blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts