Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Yesterday morning on starting the car, the service indicator told me that there are still 3, 500km to go before the next service. In the afternoon at about 3 (having driven about 30km's) the little tool came up, indicating that a service is due. :confused:

This morning the indicator told me that there are now -100km to the next service.

I am aware that the indicator is linked to the way the car is driven, but 3, 470km in one go!!

Gerhard.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spoke to the local dealership:

Here's the response, the service indicator is linked to two happenings, 1. Time and 2. Distance. In the time part they will program the on-board computer to indicate on the day that a service is due. (So if your car was serviced on 07 Nov 2010 the indicator will come up on, yes, 07 Nov. 2011)

But if you drive like you stole it, the clever computer will pick it up and then work according to the distance part. Which can be less than 1 year or 20, 000km.

In my case it was due to the date. (Damm, and I always saw myself as a fast driver) Anyway the car is now going in for the service, luckily still within the services plan.

J

·
0 Posts
20k miles for a 2.0hdi ARE YOU MAD:lol:
Definitely not..... thats the recommended service interval.... mine is showing I've still got 7500miles to go.... had it done last September, and should go for another 6 months.

20k miles or 2yrs is the 2.0HDI interval :nod:

J

·
0 Posts
It is actually a 2l petrol. (Diesel is for people that do not like cars or driving. To drive a diesel must be similar to drinking flat Coke.)
Ooohhh you've stepped into the lion's den there..... :D:D

I would say the majority of 407 owners here have the diesel :nod:

After owning diesel, I would never buy petrol again.... the performance so outways the petrol its unbelievable.... may not do the 0-60 time, but overall performance is far superior.... especially for high mileage drivers, and for me here where there are soooo many hills :thumb:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Petrol has already reached its limits where as diesel engines are still improving,i have a coupe 2hdi 163 bhp and 360 nm torque and it is alot more attractive to own than the 2 litre petrol for power economy etc and dont even talk about the new 3hdi 240 bhp that is also in the coupe (coz i want it):lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, okay.

I am not a fan of diesel but I am also not blind to it obvious benefits. Here in South Africa diesel powered vehicles were always associated with either a commercial or agricultural application. Years back the only diesel powered car available was the Mercedes diesel. Then BMW entered with their 3 series diesel. This did the diesel image no good, the turbo kept on melting down and reliability was measured in trips rather than years. (Not just the fault of the car, but also uneducated drivers that did not understand that diesel is a different driving style)

Then VW got in on the act, with the same results as BMW. Diesel powered Polo and Golf's spent more time having turbo's replaced than driving around. Fortunate the mindset from petrol driving to diesel driving has improved, and reliability also. But here's the other consideration before buying a diesel in South Africa, it generally cost R30 to R40k more than the petrol model. Diesel at the pump cost, the last time I look, the same as petrol. So if you do the calculation, you will have to do a whack load of kilo's to "earn" the additional cost back. Not even considering the higher maintenance costs and shorter service periods.

Then, "modern" diesel (50ppm) is not freely available in South Africa, which most if not all modern diesel engines require. So, that's why I still like my petrol motivated mode of transport.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, I took the 407 in this morning for the service, 10 minutes later I got a phone call from the agents, the car is not due for a service they happily informed me???????

Apparently they (Peugeot) made a mistake on the last service with the resetting of the service indicator. Should have been due in 20, 000km and not 10, 000km. (Or 2 years, which ever comes first) So I got them now to do an inspection on it and to give it a good wash and polish as punishment. Idiots!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts