Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a little confused by mt service indicator mileage, the middle of last week it said 1450 miles until service. This morning I got in and it's down to 1100 miles until service.

I haven't done 350 miles in the last week, at the most I've done 150.

Is this normal or should it go down mile per mile as the miles increase on the car?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, do you not use the trip counter? Could be a couple of things 1. someone is using your car without your knowledge 2. The car is estimating mileage by the factor of time. Like you do for timing belts etc 30,000 miles or 3 years whichever comes first figures not accurate used as example.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Service indicator does not just go on distance travelled, it senses driving conditions and adjusts mileage till next service accordingly. For example, stop/go driving needs servicing more frequently than highway mileage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, it seems to have settled at 1100 miles at the moment, hasn't budged for a week or so now.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Think you'll find the measurement is incremental in that it will next change at something like 800 miles to go or something.

Grumpy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts