Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys - i bought my peugeot 307 hdi recently, sadly the service history was lost by the owner prior to the seller i bought it from. I checked out all the mots on the dvla website, they all add up to the car being a low mileage car. I noticed that a peugeot dealer down south serviced and maintained the car for the first 3 years, however when i rang them up and asked if i could have a printout of the service history of the car they said they couldnt give me due to the data protection act. Is there anyway that i could get the history of the car ? ta

G

·
That's bollocks. I deal with the DPA daily in my job and they're talking shite.

DPA also applies to paper records, so if that were the case they would also not be able to stamp your service book and supply an invoice.

I would email PSA HQ, explain your predicament and include a scanned copy of the V5 as proof of ownership. Tell them that their stupid dealer darn sarf won't send copy invoices of the service history, and waffle on about how this is a) shite and b) dented your faith in the PSA dealer network, and would they mind awfully telling them to supply the info.

It is also an offence under DPA to fail to supply data to someone lawfully entitled to have it, and as you own the car I can think of no reason under the act for them to decline your request.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
chopper1192 said:
That's bollocks. I deal with the DPA daily in my job and they're talking shite.

DPA also applies to paper records, so if that were the case they would also not be able to stamp your service book and supply an invoice.

I would email PSA HQ, explain your predicament and include a scanned copy of the V5 as proof of ownership. Tell them that their stupid dealer darn sarf won't send copy invoices of the service history, and waffle on about how this is a) shite and b) dented your faith in the PSA dealer network, and would they mind awfully telling them to supply the info.

It is also an offence under DPA to fail to supply data to someone lawfully entitled to have it, and as you own the car I can think of no reason under the act for them to decline your request.
thanks mate..ill try that, just waiting for thr v5 document to come back to me, r

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I thought that the DPA dealt with protecting personal data - not dealing with requests for data which comes under the Freedom of Info Act?

Never has any request for info. under the DPA.

G

·
Yes, but that's not an issue...

Our hero has the previous keepers details on the logbook.

If the dealer prints a copy invoice they can delete the address, if it has one, or just get the scissors out. Better still, our hero can give them a new service book and they can stamp it up as per the servicing they've done, so no information whatsover is disclosed except the date and type of service. Most of the invoicing programs, like MotorTrader, will allow a service history summary to be printed, which will be devoid of any personal details.

It's the garage's bollocks way of saying "we can't be arsed because it won't earn us any money".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts