Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think I should be paying for a basic service, ie fuel, oil air filter,

as am thinking of getting it serviced see if this sorts the anti pollution problem out, as got told to replace the fuel filter, but thought I would get every thing done at once

got quoted £85 just for a oil change

but they didn't have the oil in to do the job any way

P

·
0 Posts
Depends where you go. If it was a named dealer i'd expect them to charge around £200. Have you not considered doing it yourself? Filters can be purchased direct from Peugeot for a good price, or even go for the stuff eurocarparts sell as they are usually couple of pound. There are plenty of guides on here to doing it yourself if your unsure.

·
11,875 Posts
There are loads of factors now, varying prices in oil grades from £20 for 5 litres of one to £40 or £50 for another, then the environmental disposal costs of the old oil.

Stick on £40 per hour labour (not billing in half hour intervals) and you're looking at £80.

Which is why I've bought oil and filter from Euro with their discount codes for just £16 and will be doing it this weekend on the drive. Plenty of cardboard and newspaper to soak up any spills and take the old oil to the tip.

Even if you have to buy a bowl to catch the old oil and a funnel they're only a quid or two from the supermarket or discount stores.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ebay is cheap for parts

i got the other day (fram)air,oil,fuel,4 ngk platinum spark pugs £17.00

i get oil for a tenner for 5 litres QX OIL

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
£85 for an oil change at a garage is not a bad price if they are using a decent oil and including the filter. I spent almost that much last time I did an oil & filter change. Now due the next oil change so will be replacing the fuel & air filters as well as the oil filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anti pollution

Hi changing oil and filter is not going to cure your antipolution fault You probably have a fault with a blocked egr valve or catalytic convertor/particle filter usually caused by lack of servicing ,using wrong grade of oil or lots of short journeys causing a carbon build up .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts