Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

I'm picking up my 307 tomorrow, serviced today by independant garage, The cost is £222.

The work they carried out was a oil change, oli filter and top up of screen wash.

The labour is £133. oil is about £30 I forget the rest, this was over the phone.

The fuel filter was changed in the winter,{£126 dealer} in the snow, due to being clogged. brakes are fine.

Does this seem to be abit expensive...:ask:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you are being robbed! i do my own services and max it costs is £45 thats for oil, oil and fuel filters and cabin filter,

a mate of mine will use a independant garage and would cost him £80 for a Audi a4 TDi using the right VAG oil, where as another place used cheap oil carlube:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, I shall go armed and ready to do battle...:thumb:

I'll let you know what happens. Next time, I'll ask on here, cams belts due soon!

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

I found out that the person who did the bill, inputted the wrong type of service code :rolleyes:

I had £60 knocked off the price now £162, plus they had carried out a check on the brakes.

Next service Brakes and cam belt.:nod:

Cheers

Chris

J

·
0 Posts
Thats still alot for an independent garage - Peugeot main dealer only charges £190 here, and d iealers are normally substantially more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be doing some research prior to the next service via the forum. The next could be a biggie.

Thanks all,

Chris

J

·
0 Posts
Up the north east services are cheap. I got mine serviced for £50 I think, or maybe £45... But I thought that was expensive, but it's cos the oil costs more than the oil for my old 306...

They can't add that much money for putting their foot on the brake and saying "Am I moving mate?" --- "NO you're ok" ---- "Nice one, brake test done then".

Dude. Raise hell.

·
Registered
301 Posts
how much should it cost just for the labor to change the timing belt on a 307.....i just dont want this guy to rip me off...ive bought the parts and am getting him to fit them.....also, how long should it take?

·
Registered
673 Posts
how much should it cost just for the labor to change the timing belt on a 307.....i just dont want this guy to rip me off...ive bought the parts and am getting him to fit them.....also, how long should it take?
i had mine done at 113,000 miles for the princely sum of £120 all in....although i had the gear cables(apparently they dont use linkage they use cables and they were streched) done at the same time....all in £250...should take no more than 2 hours max i would think, and thats if the mechanic likes tea :) ..i dropped mine off at 9am and had it back just after dinner.......hth

·
Registered
873 Posts
Had mine done recently, timing belt kit, alternator belt, water pump. I bought all parts myself, labour was £110. This was done by a mechanic who i was told to be expensive but worth the extra dough. Ive been happy enough with his prices though....:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts