4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone advise?

Service clock 2 weeks ago showed Spanner 6500
then dropped rapidely down to 4050
And today shows 1650

What does this mean?

I have a smoke problem, a white/blue smoke once engine is turned on, after the car has warmed up it goes away. this smoke is present with a chug sound to the engine.

Checked oil - oil is full and correct colour ( no mayo)
Rev is below 10 when stationary ( not sure if this matters)
Checked smell of smoke and smells like Diesel to me.

Any ideas/advice/help appreciated.
Thanks
Zoe

Car details:
Peugeot 206 HDI 2002 reg.
Diesel engine 1.4ltr

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Think these where faulty in the early ones ,phone peugeot dealer to see if there is a recall , if not then change unit which is expensive or use mileage below to time service intervals.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Diesel injector cleaner might help with the chugging. Are you using much oil? Blue smoke could be worn valve rubbers; it's a toss up as to whether they need replacement depending on how much oil is being used.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for advise. I have only recently purchased this car plus i don't know much abotu cars, if not anything. But obviously i know when things don't seem right.

I will get some of that Diesel injector cleaner and give that a try.

As for the smoke, yeah its a white/blue...ish smoke that puffs out first time the car is started, Each time it is started up in fact with a constant chugging (as if the car is coughing) Which does eventually go away once car has been run. I will give a Peuguot dealer a ring and explain my problem to see if they can advice. Maybe it just needs a good service. I will try whatever advise i am given and then maybe it'll sort out these little hipcups.

As for oil useage, the car isn't really out running everyday, it is occasionally taken out. I am not able to drive the car yet as i am still learning to drive. I checked the oil level when the car was purchased (2 weeks ago) and it was full, then i checked it again the other day and it was full. Oil is the correct colour etc...

Has anyone got any basic advise for this model that i should know about for future reference?

I want to learn everything i can to make sure i look after this car, it's my first car :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts