Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got 3 Pugs and helps friends with their Pugs and Citroens and have used Service Box regularly for years to find diagrammes and part numbers. A few weeks back I tried to use it and although I can log-in fine, when I select a section to look at, say Engine>Crankshaft it opens but the next selection brings up a page that says I don’t have a subscription. It never used to do that!
Is it due to Covid? Or has PSA decided not to allow this info to be accessed freely any longer? It’s a real pain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can buy the full implementation of Service Box on eBay for 10 GBP. It has to be mounted as a virtual machine. Works almost perfectly, unfortunately it doesnt recognize my VIN number...

·
8,955 Posts
The offline version has not been updated since late 2013 so does not capture some later changes.

I made a fully activated Diagbox & Servicebox Sedre Virtual Machine that you can download for free (however it is 16GB total download) details in link below

Diagbox & Servicebox VM Details

Reactions: 3MAJ

·
Registered
908 Posts
As I recall, diagrams were never free, only parts. Unfortunattely, they began charging that also. Personally, I paid the spare parts documentation for one hour and downloaded all in the PDF for offline use.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
The offline version has not been updated since late 2013 so does not capture some later changes.

I made a fully activated Diagbox & Servicebox Sedre Virtual Machine that you can download for free (however it is 16GB total download) details in link below

Tried downloading the complete Diagbox, all 3.9Gb, but it always drops out before it's complete. Tried 3 times so far. Using Firefox. Did try with Opera, but the VPN must have confused things as it told me I had exceeded my quota, and to pay some amount in Norweigian Kronors.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
OK, worked on Chrome.
What size is the Diagbox when unzipped? Ran out of space on 16Gb drive.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Presumably one doesn't need VM player if installing on an XP laptop.

·
8,955 Posts
its around 38Gb unpacked for the full version and 19 Gb for diagbox only. You still need to use VM player as its a virtual machine

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
OK, probably won't be able to install it on that laptop then. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I've tried doing this
  • have downloaded four .rar files
  • extracted these to a single 35.2gB folder (should it be larger?
  • downloaded VMWare Player and installed it
  • pointed VMWare to diagbox folder
  • it choked and said something about the version of VMWare player not being able to handle it.

Any ideas on how to make it go?

Thanks.

·
8,955 Posts
The original folder is 37.4 Gb the rar is made from is in size it was built on VM Workstation 15. Are you using the latest version of Winrar

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The original folder is 37.4 Gb the rar is made from is in size it was built on VM Workstation 15. Are you using the latest version of Winrar
I used ExtractNow to unpack the .rar file as WinRar choked on it. (Full disclosure, I am an avid Windows hater and use it only when I am forced to but I know my way around it pretty well.)
It was un-packed to a folder named "diagbox" full of files with names starting with "Windows XP Professional" and of types .vmdk, vmxf, etc.

What is the VMWare actually doing?

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro.

I and my three Pugs thank for your help!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was able to get WinRar to unpack the archives and all the same result. Maybe it's a problem with the original download archives.

·
8,955 Posts
I have downloaded the rar files and unpacked and add the VM machine by selecting open virtual machine and selecting the Windows XP Professional.vmx file in the unpacked rar folder

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have downloaded the rar files and unpacked and add the VM machine by selecting open virtual machine and selecting the Windows XP Professional.vmx file in the unpacked rar folder
After much messing about I got it to work! Thank you very much windy1603, you're a star player!

·
Registered
2010 3008 now died of built in obsolescence.
6 Posts

This link appears to be dead. Is there an alternative?

·
8,955 Posts
Link works fine it should be a txt document with install instruction and mega links to the virtual machine

1 - 20 of 45 Posts