Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just need some help to confirm that my engine has pooped itself before selling it for pennies on ebay...

So 2 mornings ago the car was acting like the battery was flat (Battey was fine), slowly turning over. So I tried one more time and it fired up running really rough for a few seconds then it stalled. I managed to get it going again with some help from the throttle and set off to work it seemed absolutely fine on the way to work.

I then go to leave work and the same thing happened, but once I got it going this time it sounded a bit rattly to say the least, with a clunking noise from the engine bay and some abnormal smoke exiting the exhaust. No power at all really , struggling to get much above 50mph, then it started flashing Oil pressure too low, anti pollution faulty. So i stop the engine and get towed home.

So when I get it home I use my obd2 reader to see if there are any new codes and it gave me these..

p0402
p1351

Any advice welcome :)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Turbo may have failed causing no boost and the other warnings could all be because of that.

Alternator has stopped charging this can also cause strange faults but i would check turbo first pull off the intake check for freeplay on shaft and if it rotates freely.

EGR may have fell to bits/got clogged up with carbon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying :) I've just been out to the car and checked the turbo, seems fine to me , there is a little play not excessive though i would say its the same play as in this youtube video

also i did start it up and its like you can't hear the turbo at all...

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If egr is the problem you can expect lack of power noise and smoke turbo wont work if EGR is stuck open as it needs pressure in the intake to control boost so no pressure no boost you wont get pressure if EGR broke as it needs to close.

From your description i would say your engine is fine its something else causing the issues not the engine itself

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is it worth him blanking it to see if it sorts out? Never tried it on the 90. I'm guessing the egr is on the front with these ones? If that's the case I don't suppose it's to hard to pull off and clean out.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Quite the opposite the EGR is down the back and really hard to get at :)

I dont think blanking will help if its seeing a fault it will still see the fault although the airflow will improve with blanking.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Makes sense. It will block it up but doesn't change the fact that the car sees the valve open when it knows it shouldn't be. Sounds like a nightmare as you can't even disconnect it at the intake and spray into the egr.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Mine has about that much play it's fine with no catching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts