Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hi just wondering if many of us have delayed delivery now until the new reg plate in Sept as I have ??
I've been told not to expect my replacement car until Sept so I might join you with a 67 plate. I'd prefer the car earlier with a 17 plate though.

Reactions: Blaugrana314

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Order a GT with wood trim now and you may get it on an 18 plate :)
There won't be any trees left by the time factory orders ship :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered in 20th May. I was told 12 weeks delivery. It took 17 weeks for factory build on 20 Sep. It has been now 21 weeks since I ordered, I am still waiting a call for it to arrive to the dealer. If Peugeot has 6 months waiting list for a car, I cannot believe the news talking about car industry struggling with sales.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Peugeot underestimated demand for the car and had a few supply issues at the start of production this has caused delays they are still trying to catch up this does not mean all is rosy in the motor trade far from it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just ordered a 5008 GT Line (with no extras) - really hoping its not going to be beset with delays like you guys have had to put up with. Sounds an absolute nightmare.

I'd be interested to know how many orders they've taken for the 5008 - the nearest dealership to even have one in stock to look at was in Doncaster (I'm in Blackpool). Can't be that many people as daft as me who order cars without looking at them? :lol:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Oh I don't know, I ordered my 3008 on the strength of reviews and videos. The only problem with doing that is it doesn't really prepare you for just how crap most Peugeot dealers are. My Peugeot dealer has been trying to get me to buy a 5008, and has promised very short wait times (2-3 weeks). However, I never believe anything a car dealer tells me, especially if they have a Peugeot sign outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh I don't know, I ordered my 3008 on the strength of reviews and videos. The only problem with doing that is it doesn't really prepare you for just how crap most Peugeot dealers are. My Peugeot dealer has been trying to get me to buy a 5008, and has promised very short wait times (2-3 weeks). However, I never believe anything a car dealer tells me, especially if they have a Peugeot sign outside.
2-3 weeks? That's crazy. I've been told 12 weeks by my broker. And it needs to be 12 weeks as well cause my current lease car doesn't go back till after Xmas.

What was the reasoning behind the delay for the 3008, just sheer volume of orders?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The 5008 is not expected to sell in anything like the numbrs of the 3008, and eugeot have (apparently) pre-built a number to fill demand. I guess these iwll just be basic models, and some with the most popular options. Peugeot were caught totally unprepared for the success of the 3008, and probably don't want a repeat with the 5008.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.