Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

As some of you might know, I recently had one of the front position sensors changed under warranty because it was frequently sounding a warning for no reason. That worked for a few weeks, but now the same issue is back and has occasionally been joined by at least one other front sensor.

As an example, if I'm slowing on the approach to a clear junction, with no other cars in sight and no obstructions in the way, the sensor/s begin sounding as I slow below the speed threshold at which they operate. It often seems to start as I begin to turn. It is extremely irritating!

Thoughts welcome on causes/fixes I might try before I take it back to the dealer.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
2019 Twilight Blue 508 First Edition 225 Fastback
100 Posts
Hi, I’ve noticed my sensors reacting like this occasionally but it’s not consistent for me. More often that not, they operate correctly.

There was one time it was particularly noticeable, with more than one sensor beeping when I was nowhere near an obstacle, so I gave the sensors a wipe clean and that improved the situation. I appreciate that may not help you if you’ve already had to have sensors replaced but thought it would be worth mentioning.

Hope you manage to resolve it easily.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well , cleaning the sensors should be the easiest method to troubleshot a problem .I hope it would be as easy fix .
Keep us updated

Reactions: Twilight

·
Registered
2019 Twilight Blue 508 First Edition 225 Fastback
100 Posts
Hope it’s successful for you. When my sensors were playing up I thought it was going to result in a trip to the dealership but was pleasantly surprised when cleaning them resolved it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've cleaned them with a dry, soft brush and a damp cloth, then dried them with the air can. I must say things have improved since the problem has not recurred, so I'm grateful for the advice.

I'm hoping things stay that way, and I'll have to put detailing the sensors on the list of regular cleaning jobs!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all,

As some of you might know, I recently had one of the front position sensors changed under warranty because it was frequently sounding a warning for no reason. That worked for a few weeks, but now the same issue is back and has occasionally been joined by at least one other front sensor.

As an example, if I'm slowing on the approach to a clear junction, with no other cars in sight and no obstructions in the way, the sensor/s begin sounding as I slow below the speed threshold at which they operate. It often seems to start as I begin to turn. It is extremely irritating!

Thoughts welcome on causes/fixes I might try before I take it back to the dealer.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Check your carplate , i had same problem , i took out my carplate and see screws in center , i screw in my carplate both sides again left andd right side , problem solved

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experience the same during rainy days and drying the sensors improve it. I've also tried WD40 on blind spot sensors which helped to improve false warnings.

Regardless; sensors on 508 II don't quite match with rest of the car. I've been searching to replace all sensors to better quality ones, no success so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts