Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my steering wheel due to the fact it was worn terribly. I have replaced it with another 307 genuine wheel (second hand) with the only difference being it is from a newer model than mine (facelift) and from a GT with the silver trim.

I successfully replaced the wheel and put the airbag unit back into the centre of the wheel. However since I did this task the horn is very sensitive now. In fact sometimes it wakes the neighbours on various occasions with me sometimes having to open the bonnet and disconnect the battery to stop the horn.

If I go over a speed bump then the horn sounds, if I use the horn it works with ease but sometimes then gets stuck when the only way to stop the horn is remove the fuse, wedge my horn button on the steering wheel or disconnect battery.

I have read that the horn can short but the connections under the airbag seem fine and connected perfectly.

Any ideas how I can solve this issue?

Regards

Matt

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi thanks so much for your reply.

Do you mean the little brass connector that sits in the alloy on the steering wheel?

If not, where is the earth wire that goes to the steering wheel so I can take a look?

EDIT: I am aware that there can be an earth created between the clock spring and horn push or similar.... could the clock spring / wire be too tight to the wheel?

For example, the push ring assembly is held by three torx screws. Could it be that the screws are too tight and creating contact easily? Therefore if I undo the screws slightly allowing the springs a little more expansion, would this work?

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts