Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at this for ages now, peeling lacquer on front offside corner, rest of the car was fine, always bugged me when walking up to the big car, or washing,.

2007 SW, and couln"t afford to take to a proper paint shop for a full front resparay, specially at MOT time!

With a few days of warm, calm weather, I decided to take the plunge, and try it myself in my driveway....

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An orbital sander, 400 grade discs, old lacquer was soon gone, picked my area where to have the "blend in" and stopped there, with this treated with 1000 grade paper used wet....
With the help of a heat gun, a good coating of 2K primer was applied, and car left a couple of days to air out, and dry thoroughly..

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then the colour....gentle build up of paint, patience being the most important part....

Next....re-laquer....again...patience, with heat gun helping along.

Very pleased with the result...total cost...£23 !! Will be buffing up tomorrow, after 2 weeks of letting all harden completely!!

Just goes to show that it can be done, and with the car approaching 8 years old now, I can concentrate on spending my money on getting the timing belt done etc etc...

Cliff

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
nice job. our 307 is looking a bit tired now with loads of car park scraps due to being parked in a retail park most days. wish i had the painting skills to tidy ours up.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Job well done! I am still trying to build up the courage to do mine. Someone was nice enough to leave a little scrape on my front wing in a car park. The bit that worries me is that i have to make it a lot worse before I can paint it! :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Excellent job!!, had my 406 done at a repair place (3rd parties insurance paid!) and yours is Much better. My 407 sw came back from repairers this afternoon, i sent it Straight back!, bumper guard which was supposed to be taken off, then bumper sprayed, bumper guard then replaced, they Masked it and it looks Terrible!!. I cant moan about the paint job, looks Fantastic!, but even with all the paintwork i've done i Certainly wouldn't have masked the guard!. Hey Ho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts