Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 207CC packed in, turned out to be a dead EUC, i bought a second hand one on ebay and fitted the ECU and the Fuse Box, and the car started, but not without issues, apart from telling me every light bulb is not working, (they do work ) its also continuously beeping, and also have an engine management light on , any ideas?

Do i need to change the speedo to, was sent that also?

·
6,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You need someone with planet to change the radio vin code to the replacement BSI VIN (DO NOT change replacement VIN to the original car VIN) they will also need to change the BSI configuration to match your car that should clear all the faults and engine light.

Please take the time to post an introduction in the correct thread if you plan on staying around :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. You need someone with planet to change the radio vin code to the replacement BSI VIN (DO NOT change replacement VIN to the original car VIN) they will also need to change the BSI configuration to match your car that should clear all the faults and engine light.

Please take the time to post an introduction in the correct thread if you plan on staying around :thumb:
Hi, the radio works fine, sorry if im confused but il add a few more details, i bought what is described as the PEUGEOT 207 CC 1.6 TURBO PETROL ECU KIT / 0261201602 / 9664416980 / 2006-2013

I was hoping that all i had to do was change the ecu, but this didn't work, i then when on to change the fuse box, as i was told i had to as it was linked/coded to the ecu, so i did that too, i also swapped the key fob and transponder over to the old key blade, rather than change the ignition over, and the car started fine, but not without the faults i mentioned and the engine management fault light now on, lost my Foxwell NT301 EOBD/ OBD-II Engine Scan, so cant investigate further, i have not fitted the supplied speedo cluster thing, wondering if i really need to, is it related to my faults?

·
6,296 Posts
The beeping is coming from the radio even though its working as it's VIN does not match BSI.

Engine bay fuse box is not linked to Engine ECU/BSI so can be changed with no issues.

Speedo is also not linked (other than mileage) to the BSI so does not need changing (the speedo will just adjust to the highest stored mileage in either speedo or BSI).

The faults will most likely just be BSI configuration and settings not matching even trivial miss configuration can cause numerous faults

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine bay fuse box is not linked to Engine ECU/BSI so can be changed with no issues.
It was not that fuse box i had to swap, it was the one behind the glove box that i changed, not sure but i'm guessing that is linked to the immobiliser, and the BSI/ECU, i dont really know, but im guessing thats why they sell them in kits on ebay, plus it didn't work until i did reluctantly change it, tricky job that was too, il take it to a garage then to get advice on the other faults thats shows up when i start it, its mainly saying light bulbs, buy i checked them and they all work :)

·
6,296 Posts
Look on the forum planet map you maybe able to find a member close to you who can reconfigure BSI at a much better price than any garage or dealer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The part you swapped under the dash is the BSI it NEEDS configured to suit YOUR CAR this includes the aforementioned radio vin coding not sure what you think is the BSI.

I see, thought that was just a fuse box thing, and the unit under the hood is the ecu, they both came out of the same 207cc, all the numbers match, so thought that would be the end of it, still least its running now, can work on the rest when i know what im doing :) not sure if its worth spending more money on it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts