Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post. I registered here because I bought a second hand 207 last week, 1.4 V8 2008. If I believe the seller it had a standard service last month (oil change, oil and water filter change).

I do not know any mechanic that I trust, so I try to get as much information as possible. Is there anywhere that I can find what needs to be changed and when for the car?

I am mostly worried about the timing belt. The car has 83k miles and it is 10 years old. Should I assume that the timing belt has been changed? Is there any way to check this other than the obvious? When do I need to change the gear box? And where can I find such information? I have the handbook, but it is completely useless.

I should add that I cannot contact the previous owner as I bought if from a dealer who bought it from an auction.

·
12,095 Posts
The car has 83k miles and it is 10 years old. Should I assume that the timing belt has been changed?
Nope. In fact, assume that's the reason why the seller got rid.

If it had been done the seller would have made a big deal of the fact and you'd have receipts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I have decided to change it just in case. Do you by any chance know where I could find the information about how often these things need to be changed? Cambelt, clutch, gearbox etc. I cannot find any official information online.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The cambelt needs to be changed periodically, the clutch when it is worn - depends on how it's driven, the gearbox oil whenever you replace the clutch.
Engine oil and filter between 5-10k miles depending on how ocd you are and what oil you use, air filter around 20k, pollen filter annually, plugs at 48k.

Roger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts