Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a mate who uses his 407 (06) as a taxi. Under law he isn't required to wear a seatbelt whilst working, and I can tell you from personal experience that when you're doing that job you're in and out of the car so much that putting the thing on becomes a chore, and also leads to malfunctions.

On the Mondeo that I drive there is a 10 second procedure (at fordmondeo.org wiki) for disabling the reminder beeps via the computer, but I can't find anything about this for the 407 on the web.

At the moment he uses a scrapyard obtained plug and sticks it in the socket when he is working. Obviously this is not ideal. Some customers absolutely will not wear their seatbelts even with the beeps going off and we have to display large "Wear your seatbelt" stickers to satisfy local council taxi test laws, so disabling the system altogether is legal, sensible and desirable.

Does anyone know how to disable the warnings?
I'm not averse to shorting/grounding wires and sensors, in fact that was going to be my solution for the Mondeo until I checked the web. It only took one night of driving the thing before it annoyed me into taking action.

Hopefully I can just turn up, do something, and leave him happy after 5 minutes without resorting to multimeters and unscrewing his seats, possibly messing up his SRS/Airbag self test system and taking ages.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can ask a peugeot dealer to disable the seat pressure switches so that the system won't detect any weight from the rear, but doing so in the front will also disable the air bag! Its compulsary in my neck of the woods to wear a seat belt in all vehicles except a public transport.:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Law

Thanks for the replies.
No better solution than the old one then. Airbags are a must, even if they won't operate 100% as designed without the belt on.

To clarify:
The law states that a Private Hire driver is allowed to be unbelted whilst carrying fare paying passengers, and a Hackney Carriage driver may leave theirs off whilst carrying fare paying passengers or whilst plying for trade in the area for which they are licensed.

There seems to be a lot of people under the impression that we have to wear them, but a quick Google search will bring up authoritative sources to confirm the above legal position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.

I think I will print that out and have it put in our local Taxi Association newsletter so that we can shut the punters up with it when they go on about being sure we should be wearing them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.