Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

207 SW.

My seatbelt system works as it should except when a passenger exits the car.

So if I drop someone off, leaving the engine on, then they close the door.. I drive off. After 3 seconds or so, the passenger seatbelt reminder warning comes on... If I turn the engine off it doesn't do it. Only when the engine is running and I drive off.
It's only a minor inconvenience but still can be annoying having to grab the belt and buckle it until I'm done..
Any ideas?

2. Totally randomly, my radio switches from normal radio to input (the headphone Jack). No apparent reason why..?

3. I've got a whirring noise. Seems to be coming from the Crankshaft.. I'm unsure if its the pulley or the actual crankshaft itself. Anything I should look for to rule out one or the other? The pulley doesn't seem to wobble or anything...

4. Last one.. the engine sounds sporty like I've got a wide bore exhaust on. It's not coming from the exhaust system itself but from the air filter housing.. like the lid/top doesn't fit correctly. Is there a few types of lid? It's a 1.4 vti engine. I'm not sure if it's affecting the MPG but for a 1.4 40mpg average seems low.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The whirring noise could be the crankshaft pulley for the aux belt. They can start to fall apart, had it happen to a 306 with a 2.0 diesel. Assume the pulleys are still similar with a rubber insert.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts