Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

after a recent crash where my airbags blew up, i replaced the seats in my pug 406. the new seats have built in heating which my old ones did not.

when replacing the seats i also put in the buttons for the seat heating in the middle console, all the cables seem to be present and there is light showing up on the button but i cannot measure any voltage on the connector on the seat.

i have found out that fuse 28 is for the seat heating, but i cannot measure voltage on the thicker cable that connects to the seat heating button.

Do i have to activate the seat heating on PP2000? i was looking around and couldnt find anywhere to activate it.

any help here would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Have you measured the resistance over the seat heater elements at there connector plug under the seat?

I used to have a 405 Executive with factory fitted leather heated front seats & due to a Peugeot design flaw the heating elements would burn out.

I ended up taking the seats apart, repairing the heating elements & then modifying the circuit to stop them burning out again in the future.

If the 406 is the same set up with a simple on & off via a button its likely to be the same set up as the 405.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts