Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a search, and found a few posts. but none that I could see that match mine, or with a reply fit for a simpleton like me to understand.
My passenger side seat (drivers side still in the car) had under it, two sockets coming from the loom. A white one and a green one. The white one, in the pic) was not connected to anything. The green one is all that was used, with 3 wires.
20170324_163401.jpg

The seat I am fitting, has two plugs. One is green like the old one, but totally different shape, and the second is blue. Total number of wires over the two plugs from the seat is 3.
20170324_174916.jpg

Is anyone able to give an idiots guide on what I have to do? The new seats do not have heating, or electric position or anything. Neither did the last ones.
The donor car is a 3 door 2002 307 HDi 110.
I have the sockets from the old car, and I can cut the plugs off the old seat if either of those will be beneficial.
I have no idea what is under the drivers seats.

Apologies for this thread, as it has been discussed previously, but I was unable to figure out to any certainty what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Neil

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had a search, and found a few posts. but none that I could see that match mine, or with a reply fit for a simpleton like me to understand.
My passenger side seat (drivers side still in the car) had under it, two sockets coming from the loom. A white one and a green one. The white one, in the pic) was not connected to anything. The green one is all that was used, with 3 wires.
View attachment 52906

The seat I am fitting, has two plugs. One is green like the old one, but totally different shape, and the second is blue. Total number of wires over the two plugs from the seat is 3.
View attachment 52898

Is anyone able to give an idiots guide on what I have to do? The new seats do not have heating, or electric position or anything. Neither did the last ones.
The donor car is a 3 door 2002 307 HDi 110.
I have the sockets from the old car, and I can cut the plugs off the old seat if either of those will be beneficial.
I have no idea what is under the drivers seats.

Apologies for this thread, as it has been discussed previously, but I was unable to figure out to any certainty what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Neil
Hi Neil,

I am by no means an expert these sort of things, but I would imagine the green one would be for the seat belt warning, check if any wires go into the seat belt arm on the side of the seat (if it's still attached to the seat that is. As for the other wire, did the car it came off have seat airbags at all, maybe it is for that, but don't quote me on that as I said I'm no expert, just a thought.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Ian

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Managed to sort it.
I mentioned it to a mate of mine who knows a Peugeot Technician. He siad over the phone how to do it.
Passenger side done, and no airbag fault :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Care to share how you did this?, have a similar problem currently but can't get rid of airbag light.
White cable is the seatbelt on/off indicator switch for dash warning (drivers side only, passenger side redundant tucked up out the way) and green are the actual seat airbag connectors in mine.

Due to breaking green clips i have hardwired mine but still have airbag light and display.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Care to share how you did this?, have a similar problem currently but can't get rid of airbag light.
White cable is the seatbelt on/off indicator switch for dash warning (drivers side only, passenger side redundant tucked up out the way) and green are the actual seat airbag connectors in mine.

Due to breaking green clips i have hardwired mine but still have airbag light and display.
On mine, passenger side white plug was unused. I cut off both plugs, and joined earth to earth, blue seat wire to the one with the blue stripe from car loom, and the remaining one to brown.

Drivers side, I connected earth to earth, orange to brown and yellow to blue. White plug plugged in ok. I now have seat belt off warning on the dash which I didn't have before.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've done exactly the same wiring wise, and ideas what the problem could be?, i used crimp connectors, did you sodler the wires?
I have soldered mine for now, but will be redoing it with new plugs later.
Are you aware of the history of the seats? Could it be that there was a fault with them before you bought them, and the seller didn't tell you? I assume all was well with your old seats?

·
Registered
70 Posts
When i got the car it had the windscreen scuttle leak (amongst many other faults), so repaired that and took the carpet out and replaced the underfelt on the rear drivers side as it was soaking wet. All was ok before then but broke the green connectors getting the seats out prior to carpet. When it was all re-connected had this problem.
Read on forums that it would be the connectors so didn't bother with it and thought it would be a 30 mins fix pre-mot, however it's not turning out that way.

Lots of head scratching today, checked and double checked wiring, have continuation through both airbags, drivers side resistance measures 2.0 Ohms and passenger side 2.2 Ohms. Getting no continuation when i try back probing toward ECU but not sure if this is normal due to battery being disconnected. I've tried the reset method but light still showing and error on display with the 2 beeps. I did fix the indicator switch recently but didn't disturb the COM2000 clock spring or anything so can't see it being a problem there as the light was already on prior.

I did wash the seats while they were out, i'm just wondering if the side airbags in the seats have a plug on the airbag end or wether they are hard wired, maybe a possibility water has gotten into a plug or something if they have them that end?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When i got the car it had the windscreen scuttle leak (amongst many other faults), so repaired that and took the carpet out and replaced the underfelt on the rear drivers side as it was soaking wet. All was ok before then but broke the green connectors getting the seats out prior to carpet. When it was all re-connected had this problem.
Read on forums that it would be the connectors so didn't bother with it and thought it would be a 30 mins fix pre-mot, however it's not turning out that way.

Lots of head scratching today, checked and double checked wiring, have continuation through both airbags, drivers side resistance measures 2.0 Ohms and passenger side 2.2 Ohms. Getting no continuation when i try back probing toward ECU but not sure if this is normal due to battery being disconnected. I've tried the reset method but light still showing and error on display with the 2 beeps. I did fix the indicator switch recently but didn't disturb the COM2000 clock spring or anything so can't see it being a problem there as the light was already on prior.

I did wash the seats while they were out, i'm just wondering if the side airbags in the seats have a plug on the airbag end or wether they are hard wired, maybe a possibility water has gotten into a plug or something if they have them that end?
It's a Peugeot. Anything is possible.
Have you had its fault codes read?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nope, don't have planet and what's more frustrating is don't get paid until saturday, i've just checked the connectors and ribbons in the com2000 and all look good, no breaks or anything. Tried removal of the shunt fuse to force a reset, again no joy.

What i did notice was a slight clicking noise from what seems to be the side impact sensor on the passenger side (yellow cube)when the ignition is switched on, so might be worth more investigation however i can't see a way to get it off, maybe glued on?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Above and beyond what I have said above, I have nothing further to offer. Anything else is beyond my skill set.
I do hope that you get it sorted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Fair play, cheers for your help any way, i managed to find another couple of threads related to crash sensors, so will take a look at those tomorrow. Thankfully the MOT centre have allowed me to re-book appointment once sorted so i don't lose any money. Thanks again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I doubt you need to hear this but beware circuit testing airbag circuits due the chance of setting them off. In the Haynes they tell you what to do to make it safe.
I took all the nessecary precautions before working on the system. I've now managed to diagnose the Com2000 unit by using 3.3 Ohm resistors in the plugs at the rear of the Com2000 unit at the left and right for the airbag. So either a new one is needed or i may have a bash at repairing the one i have.

I removed the unit last month in order to fix the indicator stalk, but the airbag was on prior to this when i removed the seats. So after rewiring the seats i now know this is successful which is what threw me as i replaced the Com2000 unit very carefully.

Hopefully the car can pass the MOT now, which i've rebooked for Monday. Just a few little things to do, CV boot tie, manifold stud that's worked loose and a new front side light bulb. Also have a bit of play on drivers side inner tie rod to sort tomorrow not sure this is an MOT failure though?, i've heard they can only give advisories for these?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is what I call thorough! I would not know where to start with things like that.
Glad you have got it sussed. Trustme on here is the man for your Comm 2000 repair if you can't sort it.
Good luck with the MOT.

Neil

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
reload3d I just added that comment as the skill sets of members is unknown and there are some people who seem to have no knowledge or even common sense the questions they ask! So you are obviously genned up and seem to have done a ace job. Congrats.
Funnily enough I have a bit of play in the steering rack at the same joint on mine so please let us know the outcome as my test is due in May.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The play in my steering on mine is due to inner tie rods, i had an advisory for them along with a long list of other advisories. rear end springs, and bushings and light bulbs mainly.

The car failed MOT on Lambda test and excessive leak of exhaust gases at the front. So i have set about replacing the crush ring gasket in the manifold and also found a split in the catalytic converter pipe which i have to bandage up to get it through. Trying to get the manifold re-mated with the cat was a nightmare, and now need a new rad due to it catching and springing a leak.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your rad leak but I ALWAYS/U]remove a radiator if I am doing anything around that area i.e. belts on for and aft engines for instance. It is too easy to damage them and they are not cheap. Lesson learned I hope!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts