Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was just after some advice. I put the rear seats down to transport a fridge a s when. I crawled over them to reposition the fridge there was loud crack. Now the rear seat (single right hand one) won't click back into place.

I'm trying to work out the cheapest way of repairing or replacing?

A) take to garage

B) buy whole new seat from scrapyard - seems to be about £40. Does anyone know how difficult a job this is?

C) try to get hold of the mechanism by itself - anyone know where I could get one of these from and what it's called?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It sounds to me like the seat itself or the hinge has broken, and it won't go back into place because it won't line up properly.
have a good look at them before you throw money at it. It might be a simple diy repair is all that is needed.

Roger.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had the exact same scenario when i first got my 307

It's more than likely a part of the plastic has broken off which allows a spring and a few other bits to move out of position and stops the catch from hooking on (you can probably slam the seat back and it'll just bounce off and stay unlatched?)

You can get to the mechanism itself quite easily by unclipping the rear seat fabric then pulling the sponge forward to see whats gone wrong, its a bit fiddly to fix but it can be done, and they'll be ten a penny in the scrapyards now :thumb:

Its a pretty common issue i'm afraid though so you might have to hunt for one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts