Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a bit of help regarding the overhead seatbelt reminder lights.

Is it correct that the front passenger seat belt light only comes on when someone is sitting in the seat? When I start the car with the drivers belt unfastened, I get the drivers belt reminder light, and the three reminder lights for the rear seats all lighting up, but not the front passenger light. If I push down lightly on the cushion of the front passenger seat the light comes on, but goes off again as soon as I remove my hand.

So, should this reminder light be coming on as soon as you start the car, or only when someone is occupying the front passenger seat please?? Hope that makes sense!!

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
The 3 lights on the rear will no doubt go out after a preset time as the system assumes nobody is there but passenger side is more likely to be occupied so will have sensor and seatbelt catch switch so if it senses someone it lights if nobody in seat it wont bother lighting sounds logical to me.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I can see the logic, but it doesn't explain it in the manual. By the same logic I can't see why the rear seat reminders come on for the unoccupied rear seats. Maybe the front passenger seat works on a sensor in the seat, as well as the belt completing a circuit when fastened, whereas the rear seats have no sensors, and only rely on the fastened belt completing a circuit.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Yes that would be how i see it but do the rear ones stay on constantly that would annoy me :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Maybe the front passenger seat works on a sensor in the seat, as well as the belt completing a circuit when fastened, whereas the rear seats have no sensors, and only rely on the fastened belt completing a circuit.
That's exactly how my existing 3008 works so I would assume the new one is the same. The bit that may get you wondering the first time this happens is if you put a box (or something else) on the passenger seat and you don't realise that that is setting the seatbelt warning off - once you know this you can either put the box in the back or fasten the passenger seat belt to get rid of the warning - but this had me going the first time it happened for a couple of minutes :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
That`s how my current Audi works. The rear ones come on for around 10 sec then go out leaving only the ones which are fastened lit to let you know who has their seat belt on. The passenger one only lights with a bum on the seat, and the alarm sounds obviously if the belt remains unfastened.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all!

At first I thought it was a system fault, but I can now see why they do it that way.

A couple of other features I wasn't too sure of were the airbag warning light - which I assume doesn't come on with the ignition, and only illuminates in the overhead panel if it has been deactivated, or for a brief period when turned back on again. Also the blind spot system. On my last car the lights in the mirrors used to illuminate briefly when the car was started, or when the system was turned on in the menus, but with the 3008 all you seem to get is a light in the icockpit to show the system is activated, but no indication in the mirrors at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got a 2006 Model Peugeot 307
And of course I do fasten my seat belt before driving but the warning for me to fasten my belt still flashes on the display screen and alarm beeps is so annoying and it takes longer time up to 5 mins before it stops. And once a passenger in the front seat alights from my car and I proceed driving, the alarm comes back on. Meaning the car does not recognize that my belt is fastened. What do I do?
Is there a problem with the buckle? Or is there something that is not touching the right places hence the warning? It is it a sensor fault?

Please I need help. It's so irritating driving with that beep while my belt is strapped.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is the 2017+ Peugeot 3008 section so maybe you'll find people on the 307 forum who are more clued up about your problem, if it's a known fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 3 lights on the rear will no doubt go out after a preset time as the system assumes nobody is there but passenger side is more likely to be occupied so will have sensor and seatbelt catch switch so if it senses someone it lights if nobody in seat it wont bother lighting sounds logical to me.
I have a 2018 3008 allure and these overhead warning lights work in the same way, May I suggest its a case of Peugeot not providing for a r/h/d country, the premise is in a l/h/d car thre will always be someone in the left hand front seat.ie the driver. Its like the fuse box location just could not be bothered to change it to cater for r/h/d countries

·
Registered
20 Posts
my last car the lights in the mirrors used to illuminate briefly when the car was started, or when the system was turned on in the menus, but with the 3008 all you seem to get is a light in the icockpit to show the system is activated, but no indication in the mirrors at all.
The blind spot led in the mirror illuminates when I am being overtaken or overtaking but there is no indication on the icockpit for the system at any time, should there be?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The blind spot led in the mirror illuminates when I am being overtaken or overtaking but there is no indication on the icockpit for the system at any time, should there be?
No, just the green icon on dashboard (top left) which indicates the system (blind spot monitoring) is active.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts