Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anyone know how to do a self repair on my heater etc display as its suffering from heat fade thanks

·
5,027 Posts
what year is your 407 ??

·
5,027 Posts
if its one of the early ones with the white back,nobody has managed to fix one yet.

·
5,027 Posts
yep it'll have the earlier screen in,good luck on fixing it nobody else has managed and if you do you could make a fortune :thumb:

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Does anyone know why they fade
I'm pretty sure it's due to Frenchness.

They are the easiest thing to replace though. I think including having a dump, making a brew and scratching my bum. It took me 8 minutes to replace the screen in my X line.
Buy a second hand later model one, it needs re coding though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm pretty sure it's due to Frenchness.

They are the easiest thing to replace though. I think including having a dump, making a brew and scratching my bum. It took me 8 minutes to replace the screen in my X line.
Buy a second hand later model one, it needs re coding though.
Lol funny worried about buying second hand as might not last 5 minutes will be taking it apart saturday to try and figure it out dont anyone hold their breath though

·
5,027 Posts
just to help you dismantle, not that its difficult

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Lol funny worried about buying second hand as might not last 5 minutes will be taking it apart saturday to try and figure it out dont anyone hold their breath though
The one I got was fine. The later ones don't fade, and to be fair, unless it does go pop I see no reason why a newer one would work any better than a nearly new second hand one. Apart from being more expensive.
I've still got the one I fitted to my X line, as I removed it before I traded the car in. Although I'm keeping it, if for any reason my old man needs it for his 407.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The one I got was fine. The later ones don't fade, and to be fair, unless it does go pop I see no reason why a newer one would work any better than a nearly new second hand one. Apart from being more expensive.
I've still got the one I fitted to my X line, as I removed it before I traded the car in. Although I'm keeping it, if for any reason my old man needs it for his 407.
So does the newer one fit the older ones wiring etc and how to tell when looking at a secondhand one ie is newer one black at back

·
5,027 Posts
yea the wiring is the same but the plug is on the other side IIRC, also the early ones have a white plastic back and the newer ones have black

·
5,027 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Cool bet that wasnt the first hes done usefull to watch as i might have tried removing stereo with pins not torx so the newer model does fit and back plate would be black
yeah the radio is held in with tiny torx. You don't remove them, just undo them. They remain captive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a replacement unit off a guy in Swansea on the bay. It was plug and play. It cost £90, but was well worth it and was incredibly easy to fit as he also provided a video guide.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts