Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if there is anyway of adjusting the brightness of the two screens- they are pretty bright for driving at night?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Do you know if there is anyway of adjusting the brightness of the two screens- they are pretty bright for driving at night?
If you've downloaded the car manual (http://www.autoeurope.com/peugeot-fleet/documents/3008.pdf) it tells you how to dim the 12" screen in front of you by pressing the button on the far left of the screen (see page 12 " Head up digital screen) or on the touch screen press settings (a small cog) and brightness (a light and a moon)- see page 42 instrument panel dimmer.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
(Could you update your signature to show all the details of the vehicle you have which makes it easier for all of us to learn from and whether it relates to our own?.)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you've downloaded the car manual (http://www.autoeurope.com/peugeot-fleet/documents/3008.pdf) it tells you how to dim the 12" screen in front of you by pressing the button on the far left of the screen (see page 12 " Head up digital screen) or on the touch screen press settings (a small cog) and brightness (a light and a moon)- see page 42 instrument panel dimmer.

Hope this helps
Thanks Gill, I'll give that a whirl tonight :). I'll download the full manual as well. I think I'll still be learning new things about this motor in 6 months time!

·
Registered
544 Posts
(Could you update your signature to show all the details of the vehicle you have which makes it easier for all of us to learn from and whether it relates to our own?.)
I've had to take the "Loving my" out of my signature to add "Allure" Nagaman. Hope you appreciate these sacrifices I'm making - just for you:D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've had to take the "Loving my" out of my signature to add "Allure" Nagaman. Hope you appreciate these sacrifices I'm making - just for you:D
But why?.
There's room surely........hmmmm seems not (((

I just wish mods would give a minimum of three lashes to those who keep their loved one a secret.........including colour .:p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have had my Allure 1.6 BlueHDI for a week and I cannot figure out how to stop the display blinding me at night time.

The Brightness instructions in the manual do not work - the options it talks about are not there

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's done through the touch screen settings- the button to the left of the speedo display just turns the blue ambient lighting beneath it on and off. If nobody jumps in tonight with the answer I'll take a look tomorrow for you. It's best to set it up when it's dark and your headlights are on so you can tell just how you like it, the car will remember the setting and every time your headlights come on your screens will dim to your chosen setting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, just been in the car to refresh my memory regarding the settings for brightness. Press any piano key, then press the cog at the upper right of the screen, then select options at the bottom left, screen configuration, then select brightness and you're there :)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Not exactly the correct place for this question but rather than start a new thread………..

I have been playing around with the setup of the 12” driver’s screen and when it is set to navigation in the centre, the map image appears to be in night time view. I can’t remember if this is how it’s always been or whether I’ve changed a setting, I can’t find any pictures or videos (too lazy) to see how the screen should look and I can’t find a menu setting to change it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I see that if no route is planned then it does look a bit dark. With a route planned the route becomes highlighted and things like roundabouts, junctions and distances are also highlighted off to the right of the roads. This happens during the hours of daylight too.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I see that if no route is planned then it does look a bit dark. With a route planned the route becomes highlighted and things like roundabouts, junctions and distances are also highlighted off to the right of the roads. This happens during the hours of daylight too.
Thanks Paul, I had a route planned when I came down but not since so that explains it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just to get this thread back on track, I've too scratched my head trying to dim the two displays.

The button to the left of the 12" display just illuminates the blue light beneath it, with the headlights on makes no difference.

The only way I can dim the displays is by going through the settings etc on the centre display.

Is this right seems a long winded method? my previous car just had a wheel to adjust the brightness much simpler.

Was also thinking I might be able to set it up in a separate profile, but as yet I have failed.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just to get this thread back on track, I've too scratched my head trying to dim the two displays.

The button to the left of the 12" display just illuminates the blue light beneath it, with the headlights on makes no difference.

The only way I can dim the displays is by going through the settings etc on the centre display.

Is this right seems a long winded method? my previous car just had a wheel to adjust the brightness much simpler.

Was also thinking I might be able to set it up in a separate profile, but as yet I have failed.
The manual says for the button to the left of the 12.3" display;

a. Lighting dimmer for the instruments and Controls (available in night mode) - Version with Monochrome Screens
or
Instrument Panel mood lighting - Version with touch screens.

This means button will not dim the display if you have color 12.3" display. I'm not sure what they are talking about 'versions with monochrome screens' - may be 'Active' model:confused:

You will have to go through the touch screen to dim the display.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes after reading the manual several times I came to the same conclusion, for all this cars gadgets and systems I think Peugeot dropped the ball on this one, not everyone wants the "Amplify" option, and dimming the display is a basic operation or should be?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.