Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid a visit to one of the local scrappies here in Stoke who had two 307 diesels in so hopes were high for a clutch switch and a electronic throttle pedal. One was a 2003 model ( mine is 2002) but they both had manual (cable) throttles and the one I could get to had a different clutch switch on it so assumed the other did too. The pedal bracket assembly is totally different. So what dictates which of the models will have the electronic throttle? Also, will all 307 have the same front hub assemblies as I would like to get a spare so that I can keep the car mobile while I replace the bearing in the spare hub to clear the ABS problem I have on my car?

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Only early 2 litres have the cable throttle all late models have the fly by wire type

Hubs are the same as far as i can see over the years only thing that could differ would be the driveshaft splines

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, reliable(as usual). Do the petrol engines ones have the same layout then as regards the throttle and the hubs, Actually I was amazed that the two he had in were both diesels. They were right at the back of the yard cramped in and on top of other cars so I couldn't get up to lift the bonnets!
Not having stripped one down yet on these but isn't the hub carrier swapped over? Mind if it is it would mean that I would not be able to build the replacement as I would need the hub carrier off the car! So that idea is kaput!

·
11,780 Posts
If you're going back could you check if they have any Mk1 308s in?

I need a really small part but there's nothing in the ones near me and distance ones won't deal with the hassle of posting me the part.

Its item D on this pic, about 3 inches long piece of plastic at the bottom of the windscreen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts