Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Going to scrappies who have a 2007 407 SW in, I have already got the head unit with phone button, and reading on forum I need the stalk, a bluetooth module and speaker (in the light unit) question is:

Where does the bluetooth unit live? Is it behind glove box? Behind stereo? and will the loom from a 55 plate 407 SW executive have the connections? (I know they were optional extra's so I 'assume' the loom/connectors SHOULD be there or they would have to fit a new loom if you opted in, again, caveat, I may be talking sh*te :) )

Anything else worth having whilst I'm there (going to check if it's colour MFD but not sure of part number, will hunt ebay to see if pt no listed)

Scrappy I use is sh*t cheap, £10 for stereo and £10 MFD if right one (I have diagbox so sorted)

Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*** Microphone in light unit sorry, not speaker

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Some cars are fitted with a complete loom with connectors for all the options even if they aren't fitted BUT definitely not all cars. Every Peugeot I've had did not have extra connectors for things like front fog lamps, parking sensors, alarm etc.

From posts I've read, the blurtooth module lives under the console behind the handbrake lever so it could be worthwhile checking to see if there are any unused connectors before buying parts that you won't get round to fitting. Replacing a complete loom isn't in my book a viable option and looms usually come with hefty price tags then there is the time and effort involved in the actual replacement. Also, wiring in a home made loom specifically for the bluetooth module while in theory is pretty simple, the practicality of doing so is completely the opposite. Getting the cables into the engine compartment and still leaving the bulkhead properly sealed is a job in itself let alone finding an accurate wiring schematic to enable you to connect to the correct pins in the ecu.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I'm hoping that because the telephone was offered as an optional extra on the 55 plate exec the connectors would be there 'just in case' but I'll check over weekend to see if they are there, also check in overhead light unit to see if any extra plugs

·
Registered
888 Posts
The other issue with modifying the looms is if you screw something up, you will have no end of electrical gremlins... and unable to track it down. Best bet is to either get a complete loom and replace it rather than "hacking" into it. If you do hack into the loom, just be ultra careful!

Where is this scrappy in mansfield? If you do go in, have a look out for a 407 coupe, I need a couple of parts lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll let you know... after I've been

Like I say, if it can't be retro-fitted I won't bother but I know my old 06 407 SW had bluetooth and cd player and loads of extra plugs for retro fitting, hoping this is the same

Like I say, I hope the estate executive level loom has the connectors, be a bit silly not to fit them as standard, would mean no upgrade at dealers without new loom, I know a lot of cars (my Mondeo Zetec had the connectors to upgrade to Titanium) and my 2005 Jag had the same

Can only hope ehh?

I do know a scrappy with 2x 2005 407 estates in if any good? He's in Pinxton, wharf road, not as cheap but OK though (I've had the bits I need so dinny mind telling you.. :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts