Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)

A few nights ago I unfortunately caused the side of my 307 to get scraped in a tight turning in a multistorey car park :(

Was a dumb mistake, though was expecting a lot worse when I got out to look at the damage.

I got my car's paint code and decided to buy the correct paint spray from Halfords yesterday along with some grey primer.

I'd never done anything like this, so wasn't expecting a fantastic job, I just wanted to stop it from rusting and didn't want to pay over the odds for a garage to do it right now.

Anyway, I've attached the before and after pictures of the damage, and just wondered what people here thought and whether getting some clear lacquer would make it 'blend' in slightly more with the rest of the car?
Or have I just done a really bad job? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For me looks fine, and you saved some quids.

May be just some polish could improve the result.

cheers,
Thank you! Nice to get some positive feedback :)

I wondered also if perhaps another careful coat of the paint would improve it a bit?
I feel like I didn't put enough on over some parts of the primer, hence why it maybe looks a bit 'whiteish' in places?

I'm also hoping that the recommended clear lacquer would overlap the purplish effect that I can see.

I am quite happy with the result though considering I've never had any experience in spray painting and it only cost me around £13.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts