Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble getting decent diagnosis locally, the cars a non starter.
The easiest option seems to be to buy a whole new ecu/bsi key kit. I found one with from same model year engine size but the ECU code differs from my original - does it have to match or as i'm getting a whole new matching kit ,,,would that work?

desperately trying to not scrap this pretty car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car kinda fell off a curb which knocked the window out of frame. The mechanic didn't have time to fix so he wedged he window shut so it was safe over night then the next day it failed to stat....hasn't started since, all he can report back is BCM not responding, its more hassle than its worth ;-0. I read a little about it and thought the easiest option is to get full knew kit from scrap, my local has a full kit same year and litre but ECU code is different but as its a whole new kit that's matches does that mean it doesn't have to match mine. My ECU reads 9651626280 BSI 9650663980

thank you so much for consideration

·
2,624 Posts
Hi...bumping down a kerb shouldnt render a car to not start..I would be checking all fuses and all earth points....plugs that you can see....battery terminals etc......does it crank?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for that, i'll discuss this with the non-communicating mechanic...;-(. But to answer my original question will a full new ECU, BSI kit from same model year work in my car or do the serial numbers have to match the old...i dont' feel like i have too many options with this mechanic. If new kit works then i'll dot hat otherwise i'd no option but to scrap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts