Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. Ours is a 2020 model, a motability vehicle, had it 4 weeks. Built in Tom-tom satnav... Doesn't recognise our address(puts us nowhere, can't find it, we've been here 7 years), doesn't find our old address(it's a 50+ year old house on a council estate)...when it's time to travel... Put in a new address... Tap in town.. Fine. Tap in a street... Fine.... Tap in a house number...(it was a hospital) . Nope, try finding a house number for a hospital... Nope.. Doesn't and won't put me in the middle of a street.and without a house number it will not start navigation, there is no housing near the hospital building.. No new updates available...wont get me there.. And no hospitals in my area on points of interest... Ridiculous.. Am I alone? Have had to resort to using my old satnav, where a postcode is all that is needed.. What am I doing wrong? Is there any way I can put in where I want to go.. Without requiring a house number? And why is this satnav so far behind the rest of the tech in the car? This is going to end up being a deal breaker for us... If we can't solve this, we will have to return it.. I don't want to, but I will if we can't solve this... Got an appointment in London next month.. And the satnav in the pug can't find that either.. What's the point?

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
So.. Ours is a 2020 model, a motability vehicle, had it 4 weeks. Built in Tom-tom satnav... Doesn't recognise our address(puts us nowhere, can't find it, we've been here 7 years), doesn't find our old address(it's a 50+ year old house on a council estate)...when it's time to travel... Put in a new address... Tap in town.. Fine. Tap in a street... Fine.... Tap in a house number...(it was a hospital) . Nope, try finding a house number for a hospital... Nope.. Doesn't and won't put me in the middle of a street.and without a house number it will not start navigation, there is no housing near the hospital building.. No new updates available...wont get me there.. And no hospitals in my area on points of interest... Ridiculous.. Am I alone? Have had to resort to using my old satnav, where a postcode is all that is needed.. What am I doing wrong? Is there any way I can put in where I want to go.. Without requiring a house number? And why is this satnav so far behind the rest of the tech in the car? This is going to end up being a deal breaker for us... If we can't solve this, we will have to return it.. I don't want to, but I will if we can't solve this... Got an appointment in London next month.. And the satnav in the pug can't find that either.. What's the point?
You can touch the OK button after entering the street name.
Have you got connected with the MyPeugeot app yet?. If so you should be notified when an update becomes available. They should have applied the latest map before you collected it.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
They should have applied the latest map before you collected it.
Peugeot dealers won't update maps - they haven't got the time to waste waiting for the new maps to install.

They won't update infotainment firmware either unless the owner books it in complaining of a fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advice... Much appreciated... The only other thing is the maps... They read upside down.. How to I rotate the map so it doesn't look so back to front... I am connected to the my Peugeot app.....sone of it reads like double Dutch.. (I'm dyslexic)
But I guess I'm going to have to take it one step at a time and learn it all piece by piece... I just wish it was as simple as my other car... It has built in Mercedes satnav... And a 5 year old could decipher it... (smart car...)
Watch this space... If I've got any further questions... I will ask....

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Thank you for your advice... Much appreciated... The only other thing is the maps... They read upside down.. How to I rotate the map so it doesn't look so back to front... I am connected to the my Peugeot app.....sone of it reads like double Dutch.. (I'm dyslexic)
But I guess I'm going to have to take it one step at a time and learn it all piece by piece... I just wish it was as simple as my other car... It has built in Mercedes satnav... And a 5 year old could decipher it... (smart car...)
Watch this space... If I've got any further questions... I will ask....
I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean about upside down/back to front so cannot help except to say there is a touch icon to change map display from 2D to 3D and always face north or direction of vehicle so maybe one of these is what you were used to beforehand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts