Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I?m sat on the roadside and have broke down in the OH Pug 307 1.6hdi going up hill about 2 miles from our house. Car was still cold(just started to register on the gauge) put it in 3rd and started to accelerate up the hill (revs were about 3500) when the car just died? Engine light came on so I?ve pulled over!
Plugged diagbox in and read the faults which I cleared yesterday then went on a short run and had no problems?
P1351 Preheating relay circuit
P1166 Fuel high pressure regulation
P0335 Engine speed signal
P0606 ECU
P0341 Camshaft Signal
P0470 Exhaust differential pressure sensor signal

Any suggestions folks??

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
The electrical faults are probably because it stalled

The one I see is high fuel pressure if it reaches a certain setting the car will cut out which is scary

This has happened to me before. Does the car start now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Monty, no the cars not starting now, it will turn over but not fire? I drove it around yesterday (like miss daisy!) and it was ok but his morning I went to overtake and rev?d the engine a bit and it died? ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
There is an electrical fault there somewhere. I've had similar problems. The car won't start without cam and crank sync. The loss of crank was more than likely why it stalled. I wish you the best of luck but I'd advise you get someone who knows electrics to have a look. After ruling out the basics like battery voltage and earthing points.

·
Registered
764 Posts
P1166 Fuel high pressure regulation

It's something to do with fuel pressure, possibly not making enough fuel pressure at high load. Happened on my old car, was the fuel pump itself. Yours could be the pressure regulator or fuel filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks BigK I?ll let them run their diagnostics and see what they suggest, I told them the codes I read from the car after it died so they should have a head start??

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'd guess that camshaft and fuel pressure are the 'real' ones and ECU (wtf?) and engine speed are consequences.

After I had a cut out for low fuel pressure the car refused to start until I'd cleared the codes. (That was an unpleasant PP2k session at the side of the A34.)

Although it sounds like camshaft sensor was the problem I'd still be suspicious about the low fuel pressure. (This was the cause of my cut out and the problem was the fuel filter which was long overdue.)

Everyone seems to have the glow plug fault, but in many cases it really does need new glow plugs.

The differential pressure sensor is used only to detect puncture of the particle filter; it is not used to calculate load or blockage. So you'll probably get away with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts