Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a quick way to mute the Sat Nav volume, without affecting the radio volume? There are times when I just want to listen to the radio/music and don't want the Sat Nav lady interrupting me.

Cheers.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a quick way to mute the Sat Nav volume, without affecting the radio volume? There are times when I just want to listen to the radio/music and don't want the Sat Nav lady interrupting me.

Cheers.
Yes you can, on the sat nav screen go into menu and then settings and it's listed under the VOCAL tab ?

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Summerjunk. I was hoping there would be a way to do it without messing with options etc. That's not so easy to do whilst driving at times.

Anyway, if that's the only way then so be it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers.
On my old 3008 you could alter sat navigation volume using the radio volume knob but only during a sat navigation direction. I can't be sure but I think I tried this on my new one and it worked the same way. It's worth a try rather than continually going into the touch screen.

Reactions: Amardeem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my old 3008 you could alter sat navigation volume using the radio volume knob but only during a sat navigation direction. I can't be sure but I think I tried this on my new one and it worked the same way. It's worth a try rather than continually going into the touch screen.
Yep, I think that's it. Although I couldn't mute the volume, I could get it quite low. Thanks pal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers.
Got opposite problem, can’t hear mine over radio and turning up volume just makes radio louder

·
Registered
4 Posts
To turn volume up or down for sat nav directions you should adjust volume only while receiving directions.
Not clear what you mean, if I alter the main volume control it turns the radio up or down. Only thing I can see onscreen in mute or unmute. The iPhone with Google maps which I am using is at full volume

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
You need to adjust the volume knob when the sat nav is giving you / speaking an instruction.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Or you could directly adjust the satnav volume.
Press the cog/hours (top right), audio settings and voice (2nd to last). The options names might not be exactly as described, my system is in portuguese.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Or you could directly adjust the satnav volume.
Press the cog/hours (top right), audio settings and voice (2nd to last). The options names might not be exactly as described, my system is in portuguese.
My 2008 does not have a built in SatNav, I have iPhone with Google Maps connected to it. No problem with map display on screen but very low volume. My question is how do I get more volume as the control knob turns radio up so still can't hear it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you using Apple CarPlay? If this is the case, then, when Google Maps is giving (telling) you directions, radio stops playing and you hear only directions from Google Maps, correct? When you hear the directions from Google Maps, now, that is the right moment to adjust the volume. Maybe there is another way but that is how I do it and it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to adjust the volume knob when the sat nav is giving you / speaking an instruction.
I did that and vol increased perfectly. Unfortunately when I turned off built in SatNav and turned radio on I got blasted out of the car, the volume was too high. My problem is if I have radio and SatNav on and the radio volume is just right then I can’t hear the instructions, too soft. Before I had builtin SatNav had separate TomTom SatNav and the volume setting was independent of the car setting even though the instructions came through the car speakers.

·
Registered
313 Posts
This works as you say, however the music is still muted (doesn't stay at the same level as prior to the sat nav instruction being given) resulting in the music volume being decreased for no reason, because the sat nave direction is so quiet. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers.
My problem is I want to hear the SatNav instructions without increasing the radio volume!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts