Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one - used the sat nav last night, and had a quick question. Not sure if it has split personalities, but the womans voice is fine - it's the other voice that usually follows reading out street names etc that is tormenting - is this a standard? or can the voice be changed at all, as I have no idea what he is saying :lol:

Also still has the 2005/6 disk in, so i will have to get a newer one.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
It's the guys voice on mine that is a bit odd.
You can change it, it reboots itself afterwards. I did it but can't recall how without going out to fiddle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like he has had a bottle of whisky and talking into a fan - had a look at settings but couldnt see anything - maybe a hidden menu? I know I had a load on my old A6

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like he has had a bottle of whisky and talking into a fan - had a look at settings but couldnt see anything - maybe a hidden menu? I know I had a load on my old A6
Not answering your question, but just for the fun of it, you should hear how the satnav pronounce some of the "new" street names in Durban, South Africa. I sometimes drive the more difficult name roads just to hear how it is pronounced. :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just a quick one - used the sat nav last night, and had a quick question. Not sure if it has split personalities, but the womans voice is fine - it's the other voice that usually follows reading out street names etc that is tormenting - is this a standard? or can the voice be changed at all, as I have no idea what he is saying :lol:

Also still has the 2005/6 disk in, so i will have to get a newer one.
Hi
To change the voice in your system, you will need the software CD.
And regarding the maps, I can sort you out with the latest version, if interested please send me a PM
Regards

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi
To change the voice in your system, you will need the software CD.
And regarding the maps, I can sort you out with the latest version, if interested please send me a PM
Regards
Will the original 2005 software disc do ? or will the new software update disc I burnt be better ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't know what you burnt so I guess you can try and see what happens
Thanks I think I will try the software disc that came with the car, tomorrow.
The guy I bought the car from said the sat nav (RT3) 7inch colour never spoke during the time he owned it.. The indicator stalk ,button on the end adjusts a "voice" on the screen ,you press it and it reduces on its own till you press it again to stop it as near to the loudest point you can, apart from that no other indications that anything else happens?. Beaconsfield Peugeot are £114 an hour minimum :eek: so ..here I go , cheers Kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have you adjusted the satnav speech volume?

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster
Thanks for replying, and your previous advice . I am running the newest RT3 software + 2012/13 maps.

How do I adjust/ access the sat nav speech volume ......thanks Kim

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are the man ..thanks for these ,the wife has the car tonight...will try this soon as she is home ....will post back on my progress.

Did you see the result of my auto fluid change ref 6 speed gearbox thread.
Works great, now I have a problem.. The ZF 4HP20 is a stronger box than the AL4 BUT my remap has given me 380nm of Torque and the box can only handle 330nm max according to Wikipedia..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_4HP20_ transmission looks like it went in plenty of high powered cars and vans...Do not really want to detune the car now I have been using the 164 bhp cheers Kim :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are right there , The increased toque just smooth's out the autos take off ,no toque steer just power fed through solidly ..whole different car to what it was . And with good economy ,for £150 ,you cant go wrong, happy days Kim

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the replies - have only just go back on to see these. I will definately be interested in newer maps - but might be after next payday as there are a few probs with it so far that I have it going in for to get sorted which I am over the moon about....... not!

Cheers peeps

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cheers for the replies - have only just go back on to see these. I will definately be interested in newer maps - but might be after next payday as there are a few probs with it so far that I have it going in for to get sorted which I am over the moon about....... not!

Cheers peeps
pm sent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts