Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not sure, but possibly someone has been playing with the "Country" settings in the menu and has selected Australia as your location?

Sorry mate, I've really got no idea. Welcome anyway. I'm sure someone with sense will help you shortly. :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
tonydobbs said:
My display has suddenly turned upside down on my 05 607 any ideas?? Is there a reset button ?:confused:
Tony thats very unlikely to happen.. what about the other display is that showing upside down too??

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
tonydobbs said:
yes . its as if its literally upside down, the radio display etc map etc all work fine but upside down?
have you had the car for a while or just bought it.. reason I say that behind the display unit there is an ECU to which access is required to find an issue.

If this was the case, the screen might be fitted incorrectly.. very rare..

like you say its suddenly happened, (again very rare) as the system does not have an invertor or flip mode. you can uncrew it and fit it upside down..

let me know if you need any help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive had it about 9 months and I love it, its my second one and yjey are just such a lot of car for little money. Not had a problem with the sat nav till now and it just happened when i restarted the car. Is it easy to turn the screen over? do I just remove the silver surround??

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
tonydobbs said:
Ive had it about 9 months and I love it, its my second one and yjey are just such a lot of car for little money. Not had a problem with the sat nav till now and it just happened when i restarted the car. Is it easy to turn the screen over? do I just remove the silver surround??
right in that case, you have two options.. turn the screen round.. (four screws, unscrew it and holla) or get it connected to PSA Diag which will reset the Sat nav control unit..

although I still think how it flipped.. :confused:

G

·
Try BSI reset procedure first, (instructions on forums somewhere) as with most computer stuff these days a reboot may cure it :thumb:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
tonydobbs said:
whats PSA diagnostics, I take it that wouldhave to be at a dealers??
AKA Peugeot Planet.. yes its a dealers thing but some folk have got it. Think Best Gear bought one last year..

PS. you also can try what stubbo suggested before going to dealers ... He is right that BSI reset can also help sometimes and is done by taking the batterry off..

You need to strictly follow the procedure..

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY DIS-CONNECTION (The 3 Minute Rule)

Whenever a vehicle battery has to be dis-connected, switch off all equipment, interior lights etc, close the doors leaving the drivers window open.

Switch off the ignition and remove the key and any DIAG equipment.

Wait a full 3 minutes before disconnecting the battery.

The BSi must be allowed to go to SLEEP i.e. into "power save mode". Do not operate any equipment on the vehicle during this time. Remember, even
opening the bonnet will wake the BSi on a vehicle fitted with alarm / bonnet switch.

If the battery is under the bonnet, open the bonnet first and leave it up.

ALWAYS disconnect any DIAG equipment and do not operate any plips from any other vehicles during the 3 minute waiting period.

PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY RECONNECTION

Unless otherwise instructed by Product Service, you must always
carry out the following procedure, often referred to as a "soft re-boot", to
minimise the possibility of the BSi corrupting its own software when
reconnecting the vehicles battery supply.

Ensure the procedure for battery disconnection has been adhered to and
importantly all BSi functions were switched off with the drivers window left
down.
1 Close all doors
2 Remove ignition key if left in ignition
3 Reconnect battery. DO NOT open any doors
4 Wait 10 seconds
5 Switch on headlights through the drivers window (you will hear a "bong") (note: Snap-on says Side-lights)
6 Switch on ignition then start the vehicle and check system functions​

NOTE: Upon reconnection, if any vehicle function controlled by the BSi i.e .
interior light is switched on,the internal operation of the BSi has the potential
to spike or corrupt its configuration and software program so be CAREFUL !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes . its as if its literally upside down, the radio display etc map etc all work fine but upside down?
Hi

Did you ever get a solution to this? I've got exactly the same problem on a '06 407. Display works perfectly OK but is upside down. Garage want £1300 to replace the unit!

Tried disconnecting the battery without joy, any suggestions gratefully received.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi

Did you ever get a solution to this? I've got exactly the same problem on a '06 407. Display works perfectly OK but is upside down. Garage want £1300 to replace the unit!

Tried disconnecting the battery without joy, any suggestions gratefully received.
Hi
Did you get this sorted? if not, i can repair the display for you
Let me know

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.