Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
The 21.08.22.32 firmware wasn't pulled and it's still available in the official mpsa.com server. The only problem is in the MyPeugeot app and the Peugeot site that gives the wrong information about the last versions. And this happens all the time a new version is released.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you Rui. I believe it was your link I followed to get the recent firmware because nothing appeared on Peugeot UK's site. Having only had the car (from new) for two weeks, maybe I'm being a bit too keen to update firmware... I'll have a think about it!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I threw caution to the winds and installed v21.08.22.32_NAC-r0...

Success! Hurrah! 😄

Now that I've installed both updates I won't stress about doing them in the future. Thanks all!
Please let us know if you notice any changes or improvements with the new firmware :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Will do Mooi. The change I'm hoping for is removal of the health and safety nag screen after inputting a destination on the TomTom.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After my firmware update I can confirm others' findings - system seems more responsive overall, and the safety warning on the TomTom wasnt displayed when I entered a destination. No other obvious changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope I am asking in the correct place, I live in Spain and am about to receive a 3008 Alure. I see I can change the language to English which is a blessing. Can anybody tell me if I can download Tom Tom updates from the sites mentioned here, or is there a requirement to download Spanish or French websites? i.e. is the software the same wherever you reside?

·
Registered
927 Posts
The software & maps will be the same.

The language you want displayed is set up in the NAC when you configure the unit.

The maps will be the same European package.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi
Cant get my Sat Nav to update this time? Downloaded it the usual way, unzipped it and transferred it onto an USB stick, but when the warning comes up No media found, after ten second nothing happens The last time I updated the maps it worked fine. I have downloaded the map update several times now and tried a few unzip files, but no luck! What am I doing wrong!(n)
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bill, it was a bit reluctant for me this time too, and failed after a couple of minutes. I tried again and put my mobile data and mobile hotspot on (just in case). It worked the second time. :whistle:

·
Registered
602 Posts
System/firmware updates does need a license key. Either the file "license_*_*.xml" needs to be in the /license folder in the flash drive or you need some kind of data connection - TomTom live services available or your phone tethered to your car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Post #31 and #32, are you talking about Map updates or firmware updates regarding this licence file. As far as I experienced this file isn't needed for map updates. And the topic is "Sat Nav update process" or I'm missing something.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The topic is about sat nav updates, but the last posts are about system updates, that's why I explicitly wrote "system/firmware" updates - and only those need the license key.
You are right, there isn't any license for map/cartography updates.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bill, it was a bit reluctant for me this time too, and failed after a couple of minutes. I tried again and put my mobile data and mobile hotspot on (just in case). It worked the second time. :whistle:
Hi LeMutt
Success today, It worked as it should, don't know what I done different, but it downloaded Ok, just a pity you have to leave the car running for so long while updating the Map software
Cheers Bill 3008 SUV.JPG :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well done Bill. My last car was a Qashqai and there were no free map updates - you had to buy a new SD card each time. So I don't really mind idling the 3008 for 30-40 minutes for an update, although it would be useful to know exactly what you're updating. Could all be for other countries and nothing changed in Blighty.

·
Registered
602 Posts
You can update the cartography/map in the background, just press the back arrow when you see the progress bar.
You can switch back to that screen again if you press the notification button, that is now green.
So you can update while driving, just be sure to complete the update before turning off the ignition.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well done Bill. My last car was a Qashqai and there were no free map updates - you had to buy a new SD card each time. So I don't really mind idling the 3008 for 30-40 minutes for an update, although it would be useful to know exactly what you're updating. Could all be for other countries and nothing changed in Blighty.
Thanks LeMutt
No bad for a 75 year old I've Still got it! just don't know where I put it :oops:
Cheers Bill 3008 SUV.JPG

21 - 39 of 39 Posts