Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a trip around France and Belgium and noticed the speeds indicated on the Sav Nav screen are different to the Tom Tom and indeed the road signs. Example ,travelling up the N16 /E40 the speed varies from 90 to 130 KMH .When travelling through a 130 zone , a sign appears at the side of the road saying 130 kmh , the tom tom indicates 130kmh , the PUG sits there on 110 indicated on the screen. The same happens going the opposite way ,the speed sign drops down to 90 kmh , the the tom tom drops to 90kmh and the PUG remains at 110 . The PUG does change on occasions but the speed is not correct ...GOOD JOB I USE A TOM TOM AS WELL .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try telling the rozzers that when you get pulled ,although having speed camera recognition in France is illegal :eek:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I found the speed limit indication feature on the Pug satnav very intermittent, sometimes it's there sometimes not. And the Garmin I used to use wasn't always correct either in France, sometimes saying it was 110kph when I can see the sign says 90.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found the speed limit indication feature on the Pug satnav very intermittent, sometimes it's there sometimes not. And the Garmin I used to use wasn't always correct either in France, sometimes saying it was 110kph when I can see the sign says 90.
It seems to me that only if speed is higher than it should be (exp. in town when it is 80 km/h instead 50 km/h which is maximum speed for urban roads) than it's shoving warning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is so inaccurate. I also have Here We Go on my mobile and it has accurate speed limit data. The navigator of Feline is nowhere close to be trustworthy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is so inaccurate. I also have Here We Go on my mobile and it has accurate speed limit data. The navigator of Feline is nowhere close to be trustworthy.
The problem is NOT related to the gps, but to incorrect data in map data.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Indeed and Here We Go uses maps from the same company Here and yet they are always updated and way more accurate ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Indeed and Here We Go uses maps from the same company Here and yet they are always updated and way more accurate ;)
From ny Garmin days online maps where always updated, and normally not What you bought/downloaded. I wonder why?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts