i have a reset not cured problem
I have read many threads is just a firmware update,
Dab radio working fine
any suggestions

thanks phil

·
Registered
978 Posts
On my C5 (which also has a Magnetti Marelli satnav system) when I had that problem the dealer ended up changing the complete radio head unit. Fortunately the car was still under warranty.

If yours is still under warranty I would get it down there pronto.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Three years is the standard warranty so, unless you have an extended warranty from wherever you bought it from, no. How long ago did you buy it? Was it from a car dealer? If it was not very long ago you might be able to claim from a business anyway.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I doubt a firmware update would be the answer. Did the number of satellites that can be seen gradually reduce or was it a case of there one day and gone the next time you looked.

I'm not 100% sure of how the 308 system is set up but the parts that can fail are probably only the radio/head-end or the roof antenna/amplifier. That's assuming that the GPS antenna is combined with the roof antenna on your car. Is your whip a stubby affair or one about 10" long? Having said that, if the DAB is still working then there's every chance that the roof antenna is OK.

I suspect you may need to get the BSI read with a Diagbox to see if any errors are being recorded there. But I'm not even sure that that if the sat nav itself fails that it would throw up an error.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt a firmware update would be the answer. Did the number of satellites that can be seen gradually reduce or was it a case of there one day and gone the next time you looked.

I'm not 100% sure of how the 308 system is set up but the parts that can fail are probably only the radio/head-end or the roof antenna/amplifier. That's assuming that the GPS antenna is combined with the roof antenna on your car. Is your whip a stubby affair or one about 10" long? Having said that, if the DAB is still working then there's every chance that the roof antenna is OK.

I suspect you may need to get the BSI read with a Diagbox to see if any errors are being recorded there. But I'm not even sure that that if the sat nav itself fails that it would throw up an error.
10" long and it just stopped working stuck on same map position even after reset

·
Registered
978 Posts
Unless anyone else has any ideas I think your next step is to have the codes read. A Peugeot dealer will want something like £90 to do this so it might be easier just to ask them to investigate the problem as it stands.

Alternatively is there a Peugeot indie anywhere near you (where is that - you don't say) or maybe an enthusiast with a Diagbox near by? If you get the codes read by a cheapo code reader then this will probably not tell you anything that isn't obvious, you need a Diagbox or really high end (Snap-On, Bosch, etc) multi marque reader to investigate deep into the BSI and associated ECUs.

You say you have done a reset. Is this just of the radio or have you tried a BSI reset (switch off ignition, leave car alone for 5-10 minutes, disconnect battery, etc)?

Having said all of the previous I am still pessimistic that the radio head-end will need replacing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless anyone else has any ideas I think your next step is to have the codes read. A Peugeot dealer will want something like £90 to do this so it might be easier just to ask them to investigate the problem as it stands.

Alternatively is there a Peugeot indie anywhere near you (where is that - you don't say) or maybe an enthusiast with a Diagbox near by? If you get the codes read by a cheapo code reader then this will probably not tell you anything that isn't obvious, you need a Diagbox or really high end (Snap-On, Bosch, etc) multi marque reader to investigate deep into the BSI and associated ECUs.

You say you have done a reset. Is this just of the radio or have you tried a BSI reset (switch off ignition, leave car alone for 5-10 minutes, disconnect battery, etc)?

Having said all of the previous I am still pessimistic that the radio head-end will need replacing.
i have not tried battery yet I might give it a go at weekend

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I'm not convinced that the short whip aerial is a part of the satellite reception. The satellite frequency is very different to DAB/FM. 1575.42MHz compared to 225.6 MHz. The wavelength is less than one tenth the size.

I had an external GPS aerial for an early Garmin, it had no whip at all, just the bubble. So I suspect the GPS aerial is another one contained within the bulb at the base of the DAB/FM whip. Whether there is a separate connection from the base to the GPS unit I don't know.

Your symptoms suggest your aerial is dud or at least the GPS unit is not getting any signal from the aerial.

·
6,460 Posts
Most peugeots the GPS receiver is in the base of the aerial later models without external aerial it's in the rear view mirror housing attached to windscreen

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
The "easiest" way of testing that is to connect an external GPS antenna directly to the radio. It's not something I have to hand though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
There will only be one for the GPS I would have thought. There may be other ones for FM/AM and maybe a separate one for DAB.

I did use inverted commas to show that although simple on paper/screen, in practice it might prove a touch more difficult to undertake!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have tried the battery disconnect thing still not working.
also after factory reset i have low volume on hands free for phone.
I have looked through settings can't find a cure low volume microphone or speakers when ringing or receiving.

·
6,460 Posts
Is there only one antenna input to the system?
Some version have a combiner prior to radio where both radio and gps signal are combined into a single feed to head unit others have twin feeds dependant on head unit fitted

1 - 19 of 19 Posts