Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just how accurate should the sat-nav be on screen?

I notice mine is showing the other side of a roundabout as I'm approaching it so it's about 50-100M out of sync with my actual position.

I had my first service yesterday and reported it but it was digi-checked and all was found to be correct.

I just spoke with my dealer as he did a 'follow-up' call regarding yesterdays service to make sure all was well. I mentioned again the disparity and they confirmed all was correct but said they will mention it to Peugeot.

I'm sure I saw something about re-calibrating the position cursor in the handbook.

I'll have to have another look.

Al.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, yes. Good point. :thumb:

I'm just looking at the set distance on the normal screen view and without a destination being set.

I'll see how it is if I zoom in; and if I set a destination.

It's like any location device that shows a close position then gets more accurate as you zoom in to a closer view.

Al. :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had mine checked by the Dealer and all was fine.

I've since realized though that you actual position in the centre of the 'bulls eye target' that is partly hidden under the direction arrow. I was looking at the tip of the arrow.

Now I've realized that I can make an allowance.

Anyone know whether the arrow pointer can be changed as I'd be happier with just the 'target' showing my location?

Can't find anything in the manual.

Al.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have you checked to see how many satellites it can see, It may not be getting enough satellite readings to be accurate. I think from memory if you hold the nav button it tells you how many satellites it can see.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem with satellites, it's the way the arrow lays over the bulls eye.

The centre of the bulls eye is your position but that also happens to be the centre of the arrow instead of the pointed tip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts