Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sat Nav on my 2014 308 Diesel Active first started to play up in January but following a short period of inactivity it started working again.
The fault has now recently returned(0 Satellites Visible) and is consistent.

I first noticed it was faulty in January not long after I installed an Apeman Dash Cam which plugs into the central 12V socket at the front of the car. The cable is routed via the rear of the passenger stairwell, up the outside of the dash between the door and then under the window seal all the way around to where the rear view mirror is situated . It passes very close to where I believe the Sat Nav Ariel my be fitted behind a cover which sits behind the rear view mirror. I've tried disconnecting the Dash Cam from the power supply and travelling for a considerable distance but the fault is still there so I can rule out interference and it has also previously worked quite happily in tandem with the Dash Cam. Its possible that when I routed the cable I may have applied some strain to any cables that are routed the same way as the Dash Cam to the satellite unit behind the Rear View mirror. To be honest though I wouldn't have thought it would disturb anything.

What is behind the cover that sits behind the rear view mirror and is it easy to remove and replace and see if the Ariel connection has been dislodged or disconnected. Or does anybody have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
978 Posts
When I had the "0 Satellites Visible" problem on my C5 it ended up with the radio head end being replaced. Fortunately the car was still under warranty but unless you have an extended warranty it could end up being expensive.

Although they're not the same model both units are made by Magnetti Marelli. It may be a coincidence but PSA now buy their radio units elsewhere (Bosch?).

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You sure the satellite aerial is on the windscreen? I thought it was integral with the radio aerial on the roof.

Your fault would suggest to me the aerial has been disconnected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts