Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a long shot but has anyone managed to get free replacement brake disks from the dealer under warranty ? i imagine they will say wear and tear but before i but new i though it might be worth a shot

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,787 Posts
Can't see what the issue is here? They're fine where the pad hits the disc and we're talking about untreated steel. Bit of surface rust is perfectly acceptable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
As already mentioned nothing wrong with them at all, not a warranty claim (or even in need of replacement in my opinion!)

If they replaced parts as soon as a spot of rust appeared, my car would never leave the garage for exhausts, discs, calipers, hoses, and everything else that gets surface rust!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I actually asked the dealer last week, I said I knew it was only aesthetics, but can this rust be prevented somehow. He said it can't, just as stevoxi said, since it's untreated steel, and that it's only on surface and doesn't affect anything but visual impression.

He said that if it was giving me such a headache I could get it taken down from the car, protected properly and then sprayed with some brake caliper paint, but if it was him he would't do it nor be concerned.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The working surface of the disc will wear out / become too grooved long before the rust has any effect on the integrity of the disc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts