Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

We have a Danish Facebook group for the new 3008/5008. Several of us in the group have noticed rust marks on the steering column. It's not much but it's there. :(

My Allure from late october 2017 has small rust marks and one of the other guys car has it after only two month. I know it's just been winter (a wet one in Denmark) but still.

(And how do I upload a photo?)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I suspect this is at the bottom of the steering column, where the exposed metal parts can clearly be seen going through the bulkhead (near the pedals)?

There is actually a new TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Peugeot on their Servicebox system:

Présence de rouille sur le bas de la colonne de direction

I don't actually have the contents of the TSB, but clearly its being flagged up by owners, as a TSB now exists. It translates as 'rust on steering column'. Given its in French at the moment, means it'll be converted to an English bulletin soon. I will give my car a quick check, as I wonder if moisture is being allowed through somewhere, causing the rust.

A visit to a dealer should prompt them to check Servicebox and see the bulletin. I don't tend to mention that I know there is a TSB (as they don't like being told what the issue is), although I have often said 'a friend I know has the same issue and said it was a known problem and there was an article about it'!

My previous C4 Grand Picasso also had the exposed steering column and cut away on the floor carpet. Its very odd that the PSA group leave all this exposed in this way and a look at this area looks like they forgot to finish it off!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's the bottom part where you can see the metal, but not just by the pedals, it's all the way up the column. Not much but it's there. Good to know that there is already a TSB.

Thanks for the reply, Bluehdi

·
Registered
76 Posts
I suspect this is at the bottom of the steering column, where the exposed metal parts can clearly be seen going through the bulkhead (near the pedals)?

There is actually a new TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) from Peugeot on their Servicebox system:

Présence de rouille sur le bas de la colonne de direction

I don't actually have the contents of the TSB, but clearly its being flagged up by owners, as a TSB now exists. It translates as 'rust on steering column'. Given its in French at the moment, means it'll be converted to an English bulletin soon. I will give my car a quick check, as I wonder if moisture is being allowed through somewhere, causing the rust.

A visit to a dealer should prompt them to check Servicebox and see the bulletin. I don't tend to mention that I know there is a TSB (as they don't like being told what the issue is), although I have often said 'a friend I know has the same issue and said it was a known problem and there was an article about it'!

My previous C4 Grand Picasso also had the exposed steering column and cut away on the floor carpet. Its very odd that the PSA group leave all this exposed in this way and a look at this area looks like they forgot to finish it off!
It's my assumption that the TSBs are incorporated into new builds so that a car built post-TSB will not need the work. Is this naive?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Absolutely right.

The TSB's I've seen usually state the RPO numbers affected and that the problem has been fixed in production for new vehicles (or from a certain RPO).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts