Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone is there any instruction videos to sort rust and corrosion on my 307 sw se is this a usual place on this car hope you can help
Thanks
George

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I've had two 307's albeit hatchbacks, one was on a 55 plate and the other which I had up to the end of May this year was on an 04 plate. Neither suffered from any kind of rust on the sills so my best guess is yours has had some damage to the corrosion protection which wasn't repaired correctly if at all.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
X2 on what Storeman said. My wifes '05 307sw has done almost 200k miles, the only rust is a blister on the bonnet and some bubbling round the windows. Other 307s I've worked on had no rust issues either.
So it seems yours had badly repaired damage or maybe it's had a trip into the sea or a river in its life?.

Roger.

·
11,725 Posts
I've had five 307s, no rust on any (except for the exhaust back box heat shield). Same with my brothers 2002 307 on 215,000 miles but now retired. He's jumped ship to a Focus.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've had five 307s, no rust on any (except for the exhaust back box heat shield). Same with my brothers 2002 307 on 215,000 miles but now retired. He's jumped ship to a Focus.

Some slight stuff around the tailgate trim can happen as well.

Shame your bro didn't keep it for a few more miles, it looked in v good condition but with the high mileage daily I can see why. I fancy keeping mine until its old enough to be called a classic, but at 12 years old and only 110,000km on the clock, there is plenty of life left in it

·
Registered
687 Posts
Meant to ask....how does your brother fill all his free time at the weekends? ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello Everyone is there any instruction videos to sort rust and corrosion on my 307 sw se is this a usual place on this car hope you can help
Thanks
George
strangly mine had mot yesterday and although it passed i have to do some welding on the sills of mine!!! crap for a car only 11 years old with no accident damage, how long is their anti corrosion warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts