Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought my daughter a 107(2006) sadly didn't notice rust on the sill on the passenger side , mainly underneath, just lipping around the side. There is also a thin band of bubbles along the bottom of the door. I took it to a body shop who say it's been badly repaired at some point, thus causing these issues. Wondered the best way to try and deal with myself to prevent it getting worse. I was thinking of rubbing down the sill and treating with rust agent, then spraying with a stone chip shield ? Not sure about tackling the door as some bubbles are going up the hinge side edge.....any advise , techniques, products etc to use would be appreciated...thanks for reading ?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about the door for now as that is an easy to replace bolt on panel.
If worse comes to worse you just keep an eye on Ebay / cars breaking as a suitable door in the correct colour will pop up sooner or later, a bit of rust on a door doesn't stop a car working or worry the mot tester.

How visible is the rust on the sill if your standing looking towards that side of the car?

Any chance of a picture?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank's for the reply, I've taken it to a local bodyshop who are going to sort it for me, but thank's for your time all the same :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If the car is a keeper - it might be an idea to get some cavity wax in there once the repair has been carried out to protect it in the future.

Last time I looked under one of theses there was an overkill of rubber bungs along the bottom edge of the sills so getting cavity wax in to the sills shouldn't be difficult.

Dinitrol with the long extension tube ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts