Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced standing water after rain (or car wash) in the front door pockets? This hole supposed to drain the water however due to a very poor design it is about 2cm higher than the bottom of the door therefore the water stuck in there.

I raised this issue last year with Peugeot then I have been told this is normal. Now fast forward the winter months the rust is forming and bubbling up the paint on both front doors. Car is 3 years old just out of warranty.

This is unacceptable and if it's normal I would rather call it a scam therefore if I can I will terminate my car finance considering my closest Peugeot branch is unable to fix my sticky clutch pedal after visiting them with the same issue 4 times already. Please see pictures below.

I'm taking the car back again to be assessed by a warranty advisor next week but not sure how can they convince me or explain this to be honest.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Hand Automotive lighting Human body Automotive design Hood
Automotive exterior Material property Font Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
my18 308 gti 270
60 Posts
Your drain is on the bottom other end of the door. Not sure why that hole is there, in that position and what it's for.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your reply. I double checked, unfortunately there is no other hole, not sure what is going on with this model to be honest. Very poor design.
actually let me correct myself there is a drain on the other side under the seal however the water sits deeper on the other side of the door hence the reason why the door is rusting. I just recorded more video for the dealer after a car wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.