Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my wheels refurbed and now want to get rid of my orange rusty front calipers. In this weather, without taking wheels off to paint etc - could a quick coating of rust eater at least take them back to a duller and less ugly shade of poo?

Have never had this on any car before - they usually go black with dirt etc.

Cheers

·
5,026 Posts
I wouldn't put rust inhibitor etc on my callipers through the wheel, not accurate enough and don't like the idea of unknown chemicals on the rubber and metal pipes. If you don't want to remove your wheels and do the job properly leave it and stop looking at them until the weather gets better

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
One of the first jobs I always do is clean up and paint the brakes.
I hate rusty/scabby brakes. Especially if the car has wheels you can see them through.
My 2 407s = silver brakes.
406 - Satin black.
My Rover had red brakes, for about a week. Till I decided it looked like a boy racer Nova. So I repainted them silver.

·
5,026 Posts
Hoi I've got red brakes lol

not sent from a crappy Apple product

·
Registered
464 Posts
When I eventually get around to having my wheels painted, I'll probably take the time to do the calipers too - but not red or yellow lol - probably black to match the car, or grey to match the wheels

·
Registered
114 Posts
A wire brush, degrease with panel wipe, and paint with hammerite does the trick, but to get it to look good it takes quite a lot of time and effort. I've done it several times, I have left the hydraulic line on but taken the pads out and the calliper off the stub axle.

I normally do it when changing the disks. Best of luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts