Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with our 2002 non turbo Expert diesel van; engine starts running rough and the MIL comes on. It has happened a couple of times and is getting more frequent.

RAC read the fault codes as PO335 crankshaft position sensor A circuit, PO725 engine speed input malfunction, P1145 noise on needle lift sensor signal incoherence and P1608 warning light coolant temperature (this one won't clear).
The engine isn't overheating.

The other faults were cleared and came back after a short drive.

I will check the crank sensor plug and wiring. What else I should be looking at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. Will look into having a diagnostic check if I can't get to the bottom of it.
Actually got the fault at idle and by moving the loom below the ECU it would come and go, also in time with the large relay on the ECM making and breaking.

On the road when the MIL comes on and it stutters there is a rapid diesel knock sound.

Will check all the wiring at the ECU and then search out the nearest Planet Peugeot diagnostic set - it looks like Basingstoke at first glance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update - opened up the loom and found 4 cables that had rubbed through to the copper, and one on a twisted pair completely worn through with just the odd strand touching.

The twisted pair cables connected to the crank sensor, so repaired all of them and the van is running like new again.

If anyone else has a similar problem, the worn cables were in the part of the loom that passes over the power steering pump bracket. I assume vibration over time was the culprit - the cables were a loose fit inside the outer sheathing with only a couple of bits of tape holding them.

·
11,875 Posts
Good stuff, thanks for the update.

It might seem overkill, but once a year I take off the wheel arch liners and inspect all wiring and components, and more frequently in the engine bay (usually when topping up the screen wash).

I'd much rather catch an issue before it becomes serious and, under the rules of sods law, usually involves a breakdown on a dark country lane in stormy weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts