Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst on holidays I saw a Renault Kadjer with running boards fitted. I also know there's a lot of Kia Sportage with boards too, so being the 3008 is a direct competitor to these, shouldn't there be a factory fit option for running boards?

Is there an aftermarket supplier of them or due to the modular base of the 3008 are they not compatible.

If they did do them, would anyone consider having them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, there are available on the German eBay site at the moment for around £190 (inc P&P)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201948667465

I like the look of a running board, it's not to everyone's taste but it does give that bit more of added protection to your car.

Hard to tell regards the build quality of them but you can guarantee if/when Peugeot bring out running boards for the 3008 there'll be £500+ and charge you a silly amount for fitting!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
They look nice. Hopefully they provide English fitting instructions, although the photos of the fixings don't look terribly sturdy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They look nice. Hopefully they provide English fitting instructions, although the photos of the fixings don't look terribly sturdy.
I wouldn't want my kids to stand on the boards as I go round on the M25 that's for sure!

But for toddlers stepping into the car and as I said earlier, a bit of added protection from things hitting the car, trolleys, bikes etc can't do any harm! The more I look at the photos on eBay, the more I'm tempted

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the look of them too, but would want to see a picture of them fitted before committing myself.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like them on larger cars, but the Peugeot am not sure. Due to a low wall where we park the car it wouldn't work!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I viewed a Kadjar on the way to the 3008. I found the running boards a bit awkward to step over when getting out of the car. My thoughts when walking away from the dealer were "I don't like them running boards". I'm glad the 3008 hasn't got them fitted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased 2017 GT auto and fitted running boards and Mud flaps - all aftermarket from e bay.
The running boards were £129 and excellent VFM and easy to fit and keep the lower half of the car
clean and are more for this purpose and visually the reason I fitted them. The down side is that they
fit to pre formed holes on the underside of the body and through a hole in the lower edge flange of
the doorsill, where the Jack locates, thereby obstructing the use of the jack!.
To overcome the problem I have substituted my scissor jack for a hydraulic bottle jack and carry a
piece of hardwood with a predrilled countersunk hole to locate the jack in the correct position under
the running board bracket to spread the load.
The mud flaps are manufactured by Xukey and are an excellent fit as they line up and use the original
bodywork fixings and at £19-50 are £80+ cheaper then the original Peugeot ones.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just purchased 2017 GT auto and fitted running boards and Mud flaps - all aftermarket from e bay.
The running boards were £129 and excellent VFM and easy to fit and keep the lower half of the car
clean and are more for this purpose and visually the reason I fitted them. The down side is that they
fit to pre formed holes on the underside of the body and through a hole in the lower edge flange of
the doorsill, where the Jack locates, thereby obstructing the use of the jack!.
To overcome the problem I have substituted my scissor jack for a hydraulic bottle jack and carry a
piece of hardwood with a predrilled countersunk hole to locate the jack in the correct position under
the running board bracket to spread the load.
The mud flaps are manufactured by Xukey and are an excellent fit as they line up and use the original
bodywork fixings and at £19-50 are £80+ cheaper then the original Peugeot ones.
Photo would be nice Technobob, thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Russell

Can see you've got the official Peugeot mud flaps fitted which protrudes further out to give more protection but wasn't prepared to pay £100+.
How do you Jack up your vehicle?

Bob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Russell

Can see you've got the official Peugeot mud flaps fitted which protrudes further out to give more protection but wasn't prepared to pay £100+.
How do you Jack up your vehicle?

Bob
I had a good deal on them when I bought the car. I have got a small trolley jack for lifting the car when at home, but not sure what I would do if I get a puncture away from home (hope it was a slow puncture & keep pumping it up :) lol ), but I intend to look at either making an adapter or shoe for the scissor jack, or get a small bottle jack as you suggested :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like the idea of the running boards, but I bought the 3008 for its ground clearance. They seem to reduce this a fair bit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Sheusz
They do reduce the sill clearance but they are no lower then the rear coil spring housings and no lower then if you had mud flaps fitted.
The overall ground clearance is still far more with them fitted then a standard saloon car, so unless you purchased the 3008 to go off roading it's not a problem.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Sheusz
They do reduce the sill clearance but they are no lower then the rear coil spring housings and no lower then if you had mud flaps fitted.
The overall ground clearance is still far more with them fitted then a standard saloon car, so unless you purchased the 3008 to go off roading it's not a problem.
I don't go off-roading as such, but a lot of the places I access are on very bad country roads and access roads. It's not the clearance at the wheels, but rather when you are cresting a ditch, or traversing a wash out, where the center of the car is likely to hit the "bump". So far, I haven't ever "bottomed out", but I suspect that I've come close on a number of occasions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts