Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 307sw 136 xsi 2005 has been rumbling and vibrating at around 30mph - its far worse if you steer left.

had the left wheel bearing done and its still the same.

mechanic checked the drift shaft bearing and he's positive its the gearbox diff ??

not sure what the gearbox diff is - but does that seem likely.

I rolled the car with the clutch dipped earlier and it really rumbled - was wondering if the gearbox could be the issue if the clutch was pressed and it was still happening.

cheers

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had something very similar on mine and I couldn't find the problem I checked everything and was convinced it was the diff. I was taking the box out and after taking the long shaft out thought the inner CV sounded/felt rough so just changed the shaft.
I thought I had solved it until I put the under tray back on and it came back :mad: Was that rubbing against the arch guard all along. Crap clips and a mix of cable ties made a mechanical sound I thought the diff was about to crap out :rolleyes:
I have just had a completely different noise that I thought was a drop link or ball joint but I couldn't find any play in anything and it turned out to be the back of the under tray banging away on small bumps :lol:
I cant believe a bit of plastic can cause the noise it does so worth checking first :thumb:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
funny you should say that. i have always secured my undertray with bolts wedged in and cable ties

i decided to order the correct fittings for my 307. they seem to fit ok but when i first went out in it i heard a massive crash or clonk lol couldnt work out where its from and the car drove fine lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts