Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks new problem just noticed when car is idling after just starting in morning i can hear a rumbling droning noise but if you increase the revs a bit it goes away,was thinking alternator belt pulley or tensioner it was squueking a bit before this but thats gone and now have rumble sound.its coming from drivers side any ideas any one had symtoms and what was it?1.6 hdi.many thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car has just turned 40,000, is the crank pulley a solid pulley,how would you suggest to investigate it david,thanks for your reply.

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the alternator belt and start the engine, if the noise is still there then it'll not be a pulley problem.
You'll have to go further then.
Without hearing the noise I can't be sure though.

D

·
0 Posts
A 15mm spanner will get it too. Some have a stretchy belt that needs to be wound on also. These have no tensioner. Depends on your car to be honest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has the tensioner on it, i need to untension this can that be done with the 15mm spanner? also when car is warm the noise is gone,when the weather was really cold here the revs at idle were higher when engine was cold but now weather has warmed up it idles lower when cold hence the noise has started ?

D

·
0 Posts
Yes untension the belt and remove it. You'd better get it checked at a garage to be sure.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks mate will remove belt and if no joy get it to my mate who works for pug,just dont want to keep bothering him with my car as he gets a bit peed off with all his mates bothering him i expect you feel the same david,many thanks mate.

D

·
0 Posts
ok thanks mate will remove belt and if no joy get it to my mate who works for pug,just dont want to keep bothering him with my car as he gets a bit peed off with all his mates bothering him i expect you feel the same david,many thanks mate.
Pay him well and he won't mind. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i do more than he asks and bung him some tinnies,its some of his other mates that want something for nothing and taking up all his spare time,joys of being a mech i suppose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts